1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Humidity Controlled Oven

1. Sep 7, 2011 #1
    Hello,

This is my first post on here, so thank you in advance for your help.

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

I have an air tight vessel that has a volume of 1m^3. The bottom of the vessel has water in it. What internal pressure is needed inside the vessel to achieve a temperature of 45C and 75% Relative Humidity? Also, what is the partial pressure of water vapor at that condition?

2. Relevant equations

None Given.

3. The attempt at a solution

I can't figure out how to figure out the mass/moles of water vapor in the air in order to figure out partial pressure and, thus, the relative humidity. I can't figure out how to get the overall pressure without knowing the mass/moles of water vapor in the air either. So I just need to know how to get started and i think I can finish it.

again, thanks for your help.

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 7, 2011 #2
    Anyone have any ideas at all?

I think the real question is, based on Temperature and Pressure, how do I know how much water is in the air??

Thanks,

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook