How to Calculate Humidity in an Airtight Vessel?

In summary, the conversation discusses the calculation of internal pressure and partial pressure of water vapor in an air tight vessel with a volume of 1m^3, at a temperature of 45C and 75% relative humidity. The person asking for help is struggling with determining the mass/moles of water vapor and overall pressure without this information. They are seeking guidance on how to approach the problem.
mahler.ji
Hello,

This is my first post on here, so thank you in advance for your help.

Homework Statement

I have an air tight vessel that has a volume of 1m^3. The bottom of the vessel has water in it. What internal pressure is needed inside the vessel to achieve a temperature of 45C and 75% Relative Humidity? Also, what is the partial pressure of water vapor at that condition?

Homework Equations

None Given.

The Attempt at a Solution

I can't figure out how to figure out the mass/moles of water vapor in the air in order to figure out partial pressure and, thus, the relative humidity. I can't figure out how to get the overall pressure without knowing the mass/moles of water vapor in the air either. So I just need to know how to get started and i think I can finish it.

again, thanks for your help.

Physics news on Phys.org
Anyone have any ideas at all?

I think the real question is, based on Temperature and Pressure, how do I know how much water is in the air??

Thanks,

What is a humidity controlled oven?

A humidity controlled oven is a specialized type of oven that is designed to regulate the moisture levels within the oven's interior. This allows for more precise control over the drying or curing process of materials.

How does a humidity controlled oven work?

A humidity controlled oven typically uses a combination of heating elements and a humidification system to regulate the moisture levels. The heating elements provide the necessary heat, while the humidification system adds moisture to the air as needed.

What are the benefits of using a humidity controlled oven?

Using a humidity controlled oven can provide more consistent and accurate results in processes such as drying, curing, or testing. It can also help prevent issues such as cracking, warping, or uneven drying due to fluctuating moisture levels.

What types of materials can be processed in a humidity controlled oven?

A humidity controlled oven can be used for a variety of materials, including but not limited to: food products, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, electronic components, and various types of coatings or adhesives.

Are there any safety considerations when using a humidity controlled oven?

As with any oven, there are potential safety hazards such as burns or fire if not used properly. It is important to follow all safety instructions and guidelines provided by the manufacturer. Additionally, some materials may produce hazardous fumes when heated, so proper ventilation is also important.