HW Help as Physics GRE practice?

In summary, this strategy sounds like a good way to improve your GRE skills. You should also practice with old GRE's to make sure you are not wasting your time.
Proggle
I'm just wondering if anyone's tried this before, and how well it worked.

I am thinking about spending roughly an hour a day to answer questions in the HW Help section as practice for the GRE-Ph. I figure it'll give me a good variety of problems and I'll get to help some people along the way. I plan on taking the GRE in November.

Anyone tried implementing this as part of a study strategy?

Physics news on Phys.org
Proggle said:
I'm just wondering if anyone's tried this before, and how well it worked.

I am thinking about spending roughly an hour a day to answer questions in the HW Help section as practice for the GRE-Ph. I figure it'll give me a good variety of problems and I'll get to help some people along the way. I plan on taking the GRE in November.

Anyone tried implementing this as part of a study strategy?

Nobody has ever mentioned this it does sound like a good strategy!
Of course, you have to be able to tell when a problem is not appropriate for the GRE (too advanced or too specific) and not spend too much time on those. And also, it's a good idea as long as in addition you also do old GRE exams for practice.

nrqed said:
Nobody has ever mentioned this it does sound like a good strategy!
Of course, you have to be able to tell when a problem is not appropriate for the GRE (too advanced or too specific) and not spend too much time on those. And also, it's a good idea as long as in addition you also do old GRE exams for practice.

Old GRE's are a must by what I hear. I am currently studying for the test as well. Search Google for "Physics GRE" or something of the like. several pdfs of old GREs should come up in the results.

1. What is "HW Help as Physics GRE practice"?

"HW Help as Physics GRE practice" is a resource designed to help students preparing for the Physics GRE exam. It provides practice problems and explanations for various topics covered on the exam, as well as helpful tips and strategies for tackling the exam.

2. How can HW Help be used as Physics GRE practice?

HW Help can be used as Physics GRE practice by working through the practice problems and solutions provided. The problems are similar in format and difficulty to those found on the actual exam, making it a useful tool for test preparation.

3. Is HW Help a reliable source for Physics GRE practice?

Yes, HW Help is a reliable source for Physics GRE practice. The practice problems are created by experienced physics educators and have been reviewed for accuracy and relevance to the exam.

4. Can HW Help be used as the sole resource for Physics GRE preparation?

While HW Help can be a helpful tool in preparing for the Physics GRE, it is not recommended to use it as the sole resource. It is important to also utilize other study materials and practice exams to fully prepare for the exam.

5. Does HW Help cover all topics on the Physics GRE?

HW Help covers a wide range of topics on the Physics GRE, but it may not cover every single topic. It is important to refer to the official GRE subject test content outline to ensure that all topics are covered in your study plan.