Precalc Homework Help: Solving for Unknown in Exponential Equation

• Thread starter ggcheck
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Precalc
In summary, the problem is to solve for the unknown in the equation e^(2t+1)=9e^(1-t). The solution involves taking the logarithm of both sides and applying a rule of logarithms to simplify the right hand side. The thread has been marked as "solved" and the user has been welcomed to the forum.
ggcheck
[SOLVED] homework help: precalc

Homework Statement

solve for the unknown

Homework Equations

e^(2t+1)=9e^(1-t)

The Attempt at a Solution

I'm not sure where to start with this guy, I don't see a way to separate the 9 from the e^(1-t)

Physics news on Phys.org
Hint: Take the logarithm of both sides and use one of the rules of logarithms on the right hand side.

ahhh, can't believe I didn't see that... thanks a lot

No problem. I've marked the thread "solved": if you need any more help just click on the thread tools at the top and select "mark thread unsolved" and post any further questions here. Oh, and welcome to the forums, by the way!

Last edited:

What is precalculus?

Precalculus is a branch of mathematics that combines algebra, trigonometry, and other mathematical concepts to prepare students for calculus. It covers topics such as functions, graphs, and equations to build a foundation for more advanced mathematical concepts.

Why is precalculus important?

Precalculus is important because it provides the necessary skills and knowledge for students to understand and excel in calculus. It also helps students develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills that are applicable in many fields, including science, engineering, and economics.

What are some common topics covered in precalculus?

Some common topics in precalculus include functions, graphs, polynomials, logarithms, and trigonometry. It also covers topics such as systems of equations, matrices, and conic sections.

How can I improve my precalculus skills?

To improve your precalculus skills, it is important to practice regularly and actively engage with the material. You can also seek help from a tutor or participate in study groups. Additionally, utilizing online resources and completing extra practice problems can be beneficial.

What are some real-world applications of precalculus?

Precalculus has many real-world applications, such as analyzing financial data, modeling population growth, predicting weather patterns, and designing structures and machines. It is also used in fields such as physics, chemistry, and biology to solve problems and make predictions.