How do I solve these physics problems involving variables and equations?

• Thread starter hoseA
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses various problems involving multiple choice questions and equations related to potential and electric fields. The participants discuss different solutions and possibilities for finding the answers, including the use of scalar quantities and the distance between charges. They also mention the concept of radius vector and provide a solution for the second question. Assistance in the next 20-30 minutes is requested in order to improve a homework score.
hoseA
http://img423.imageshack.us/img423/4778/hwhelp1bs.jpg
The first one on the left is a Multiple Choice question. Just the mention of variables shuts down my brain. I'm still researching for the equation for the pbm.

The pbm in the right upper corner i think it's C and E. (by simply looking at it)

The pbm on the bottom right corner i used -E times delta r... I got -17.59.

Any help in the next 20-30 minutes will be much appreciated... as it'll double my homework score...

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Potential is a scalar quantity. The distance of the points in all the 3 cases from the charges is same (they lie on the perpendicular bisector). So the net potential will be zero along these points (all are equal = 0).

For the right upper corner, consider the other point where the potential may be zero. There are three possibilites - right of +Q, between the charges and left of -2Q. One case is already given - right of +Q. Left of -2Q will be ruled out (Why?). So one case is left. Solve. (d/3)

For 3rd one use E = - (V/d)
or V = - E . d (E dot product d).
where d is the radius vector pointing from B to A.

For the second question answer is D+(2D/3) = 5D/3

What is causing my problems?

There can be many reasons for having problems in any aspect of life. Some common causes include stress, lack of skills or resources, communication issues, or external factors such as health or financial problems. It is important to identify the root cause of your problems in order to find the most effective solution.

How can I solve my problems?

The best way to solve problems is by breaking them down into smaller, more manageable tasks. This allows you to focus on one issue at a time and come up with a solution. You can also seek help from others, whether it be friends, family, or a professional, to get different perspectives and support.

Is it normal to have problems?

Yes, it is completely normal to face problems in life. It is a natural part of the human experience and can even be a valuable learning opportunity. It is important to remember that it is not a sign of weakness or failure, but rather a chance for growth and improvement.

How can I prevent future problems?

While it is impossible to completely prevent problems in life, there are steps you can take to minimize their occurrence. These include setting realistic goals, managing stress, improving communication and problem-solving skills, and seeking support when needed. It is also important to learn from past experiences and make necessary changes to prevent similar problems in the future.

When should I seek professional help for my problems?

If your problems are causing significant distress or disrupting your daily life, it may be beneficial to seek professional help. A therapist, counselor, or other mental health professional can provide support and guidance in managing your problems and improving your overall well-being.