What is the potential of HHO as a new energy source?

In summary: HHO is not a new molecule, it has been around for a while, but this technology supposedly produces a lot more of it than normal.
-RA-
Denny Klein has (allegedly) discovered a way to turn H2O into HHO with very considerable energy output. I think this is a different process to the other 'salt water energy' thread so i'll start a new one here. It does look impressively powerful, in just three seconds he turns a large ball of metal into glowing liquid state. When he burns something with it, afterwards it turns straight back to water!, which is the part i find amazing about it. I'm not sure what to think, seems to good to be true.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
He splits water into H2 and O2 with electricty and then burns them in a torch.
Not exactly new, for prior art on burning H2 + O2 see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hindenburg_disaster

The problem is that it takes a lot more electricity to split the water than you get back and both H2 and O2 are tricky to handle.

so this sort of energy output is not exceptional then?

Nope oxy-hydrogen torches are quite common - they are hotter than oxy-acetylene and are easier to cut some steels with because the oxygen helps a slag form.

They tend to get used for small scale jewellery work because they are easy to control and the oxygen burns off some impurities as you work.

looks pretty impressive though, i wouldn't mind a tool in my garage like that!

Is the electricity required for this supplied by typical mains power then? it doesn't mention how the electricity to produce this effect is produced i don't think.

Last edited:
-RA- said:
looks pretty impressive though, i wouldn't mind a tool in my garage like that!

Is the electricity required for this supplied by typical mains power then? it doesn't mention how the electricity to produce this effect is produced i don't think.

In order to split water you need a DC power supply.

This is a hoax. Consider what HHO could possibly be. It is a molecule with two hydrogens and one oxygen. There is another name for that and another way of writing it...

1. What is a Hybrid Hydrogen Oxygen System?

A Hybrid Hydrogen Oxygen System is a type of energy system that combines both hydrogen and oxygen in order to generate electricity. This system uses hydrogen fuel cells to convert the chemical energy of hydrogen and oxygen into electrical energy.

2. How does a Hybrid Hydrogen Oxygen System work?

A Hybrid Hydrogen Oxygen System works by using a process called electrolysis to separate water molecules into hydrogen and oxygen. The hydrogen is then fed into a fuel cell where it reacts with oxygen to produce electricity. The only byproduct of this reaction is water, making it a clean and sustainable energy source.

3. What are the advantages of using a Hybrid Hydrogen Oxygen System?

There are several advantages to using a Hybrid Hydrogen Oxygen System. Firstly, it is a renewable energy source that does not produce harmful emissions. It also has a high energy conversion efficiency and can be used in a variety of settings, from powering homes to fueling vehicles. Additionally, it can be easily stored and transported, making it a convenient option for remote or off-grid locations.

4. Are there any limitations to using a Hybrid Hydrogen Oxygen System?

One limitation of using a Hybrid Hydrogen Oxygen System is the initial cost. The technology is still relatively new and can be expensive to implement. Additionally, there is a lack of infrastructure for refueling hydrogen fuel cells, making it less accessible in some areas. However, as the technology continues to advance and become more widely adopted, these limitations may decrease.

5. Is a Hybrid Hydrogen Oxygen System safe?

Yes, a Hybrid Hydrogen Oxygen System is considered to be a safe and reliable energy source. Unlike traditional combustion engines, there is no risk of explosion as hydrogen fuel cells do not use combustion. Additionally, the only byproduct of the reaction is water, making it a clean and environmentally friendly option. However, proper handling and storage procedures should always be followed to ensure safety.