Hybrid jet and Rocket engine

1. FYI:
    http://www.rutherford-research.ca/rrx/aerospace/nextGenPropulsion.php
    Click link above to see pictures and description.

2. jcsd
  3. mgb_phys

mgb_phys 8,952
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

That's the sort of certainty I like to put in my project plans!
    I hope they engineer better than they punctuate.

4. It's all about the funding!

When JFK said we would put a man on the moon by the end of the decade many experts thought he was nuts. It's pretty amazing what can be done when you throw goobs of money, people and resources at a problem/project.

It' is quite a range of years I'll admit. Did you see some of their work though? Some of it is pushing numbers around and developing theories or processes and not actual products.

5. russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

Well, no - that 7-75 years isn't a development time, but an ROI. They are saying that if the idea works, it may or may not turn a profit in my lifetime. I won't be rushing to invest any time soon...

This looks to me like a scam. The diagram is non-descriptive and the description is just word salad. It has no meaning whatsoever. And the corporate information is so thin it leads me to believe it is just a one-man operation that does......well......he made a website. :uhh:

Last edited: Aug 10, 2007
  6. Could be right, I could find no information on the parent company "RSL" assuming the "R" stands for Rutherford.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thead via email, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?