Hydraulic system

• Thread starter smear
  • Start date
Hi, im doing a project in college and i need to get a hydraulic system designed and priced. I have a good understanding of what I required for the sytem, A 10 kw motor, four 80mm diameter bore and 30 mm rod diameter cylinders, a 4/3 directional control valve a check valve and a non return valve. Just wondering if some one could point me in the right direction in relation to what else I would require to define the specification for the control valve and the type/size of piping required and what else may be required.
Also if some could put me in contact with a company that would be able to do up a pricing on it I would greatly appriciate it as I am having difficulty getting on to companies.

Cheers,
Smear!!

Answers and Replies

You will need to define your minimum, normal, and maximum values for flow rate, inlet pressure, and outlet pressure to size the Cv for control valves. Pair these values so the control valve is excercised over the entire range. Shoot for about 50% open at normal conditions, less than 80% open for max, and more than 20% open for min.

The type of piping will depend on the fluid and flows. To start, pick pipe sizes to give you between 3 to 8 ft/sec velocity.