Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Hydrogen Nuclei, Nucleosynthesis, electron in a ground state hydrogen, energy release

1. Apr 16, 2010 #1
    I have four questions that need to be answered. They are from my university course that I am taking in general astronomy 2. Could anybody tell me how I would obtain the detailed solutions to arrive at the answers? I have attached a pdf file of the questions and answers, please download it and see which you could answer in detail. Any help would be appreciated and remember to refer to which question number you are answering from the pdf file.

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 23, 2010 #2
    Re: Hydrogen Nuclei, Nucleosynthesis, electron in a ground state hydrogen, energy rel

For question 1., you need to know the mass of the nuclei of the Helium-4. When you have that you should be able to take the mass of the hydrogen nuclei (1 proton mass times 4000) and divide it by the nuclear mass of the He-4.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook