1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Hyperfine Interaction

1. Jun 19, 2010 #1
    Hello,
    my name is Artemis. These days I study at University of Science and Technology in Cracow. Due to the fact that semester is almost over one of my tutors asked me to do a quick presentation about "Ways of measuring hyperfine interactions". I would appreciate it a lot if anyone of you could help me with this subject by just by mentioning me the ways how to do it, as I need to write about 6 methods and I can't find even one. Please help me.

Thank you in advance,
    Aremis.

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 20, 2010 #2
    Have you tried Wikipedia as a starting point?

4. Jun 20, 2010 #3
    Yes, I did. But I didn't find anything useful.

5. Jun 20, 2010 #4
    You could ask your tutor to suggest a source, a book or journal papers perhaps could help.

6. Jun 20, 2010 #5

kuruman

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Off the top of my head, look into nuclear magnetic resonance, nuclear quadrupole resonance, electron paramagnetic resonance and Mossbauer spectroscopy to start with.

7. Jun 20, 2010 #6
    Here is a quote from wikipedia:

"Hyperfine interactions can be measured, among other ways, in atomic and molecular spectra and in electron paramagnetic resonance spectra of free radicals and transition-metal ions"

So you can begin researching all of those methods as well as on top of what kuruman has said. And NMR is a very popular method which kuruman listed.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook