Exploring Hyperspace Travel: Questions & Aesthetics

In summary, hyperspace would be a dimension beyond the physical realm where objects and beings could travel at speeds faster than the speed of light. It would be analogous to the fourth spatial dimension in our universe. A 4-D person would look just like us, but disappear or seem to fly or walk through walls or sink into the ground whenever they moved into the fourth spatial dimension. Gravity would have to be included in the Grand unification theory for us to understand the dynamics of these high energy states. Hyperspace would look similar to a bath filled with swirling plasmatic reactions and turbulent waves.
SSan
I have some various questions for a story I'm writing.

How much energy is required to access a higher dimension?

Could Fusion Reactors or Quantum Singularities provide enough energy?

How much faster than the speed of light do you travel, or do you just arrive instantaneously?

Is it practical/tactical to have a space based opening into Hyperspace(like in Babylon 5)?

And for aesthetic purposes, what would Hyperspace look like?

Astronomy news on Phys.org
SSan said:
I have some various questions for a story I'm writing.

How much energy is required to access a higher dimension?

Could Fusion Reactors or Quantum Singularities provide enough energy?

How much faster than the speed of light do you travel, or do you just arrive instantaneously?

Is it practical/tactical to have a space based opening into Hyperspace(like in Babylon 5)?

And for aesthetic purposes, what would Hyperspace look like?
I'm not a physics or math guru (just a fellow story writer), but from what I remember from Dr. Kaku's Hyperspace, accessing a higher dimension would require energies approaching the Planck Energy (1.22 x 10 to the 19th billion electron volts). Think of the next higher spatial dimension as a way to possibly access any point in the universe instantly. Do you know the Flatland analogies? A creature in 2 spatial dimensions in the center of a square could never figure out how to move away from ALL sides at the same time because he can't imagine UP. Similarly, we 3-Ders can't figure out how to move away from all sides of a sphere simultaneously, but a 4th spatial dimension would probably do it. A 4-D person might look just like us except he would disappear or seem to fly or walk through walls or sink into the ground whenever he moved into the 4th spatial dimension. I hope this helps.

Phi For All said:
I'm not a physics or math guru (just a fellow story writer), but from what I remember from Dr. Kaku's Hyperspace, accessing a higher dimension would require energies approaching the Planck Energy (1.22 x 10 to the 19th billion electron volts). Think of the next higher spatial dimension as a way to possibly access any point in the universe instantly. Do you know the Flatland analogies? A creature in 2 spatial dimensions in the center of a square could never figure out how to move away from ALL sides at the same time because he can't imagine UP. Similarly, we 3-Ders can't figure out how to move away from all sides of a sphere simultaneously, but a 4th spatial dimension would probably do it. A 4-D person might look just like us except he would disappear or seem to fly or walk through walls or sink into the ground whenever he moved into the 4th spatial dimension. I hope this helps.

The Grand unification requires gravity to be included. But we look at the high energy states. We need a way in which to understand these dynamics.

Here we might say, from a weak field measure, gravity to supergravity (metric point considerations) and in this supersymmetrical state, metric point consideration has just be moved to higher mathematical definition?

Visually, you are see plasmatic reactions and turbulent waves generated in those baths, yet the flowing nature is still understood based on these gravitational considerations?

I could be wrong though and I am open to corrections

Last edited:

1. What is hyperspace travel?

Hyperspace travel is a theoretical concept in physics that suggests the existence of a higher-dimensional space that can be used to travel faster than the speed of light. This idea is often explored in science fiction as a way to travel vast distances in a short amount of time.

2. Is hyperspace travel possible?

At this time, we do not have the technology or understanding to make hyperspace travel a reality. However, scientists continue to study and explore this concept in hopes of one day finding a way to make it possible.

3. How does hyperspace travel work?

The exact mechanics of hyperspace travel are still largely unknown and are currently only theoretical. However, it is often described as creating a "shortcut" through space by using a higher-dimensional space to travel faster than the speed of light.

4. What are the potential benefits of hyperspace travel?

If hyperspace travel were to become a reality, it would revolutionize space exploration and potentially allow us to travel to distant galaxies and planets in a fraction of the time it would take with traditional space travel methods. It could also have practical applications for transportation and communication on Earth.

5. Are there any potential drawbacks or risks associated with hyperspace travel?

Since hyperspace travel is still a theoretical concept, it is difficult to determine the potential risks or drawbacks. However, some scientists have proposed the possibility of destabilizing space-time or encountering unknown phenomena in the higher-dimensional space. These risks would need to be carefully considered and addressed before any practical applications of hyperspace travel could be developed.