Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Hypothetical question

1. Aug 6, 2008 #1
    Just a question, I am by no means a astrophysicist... just a lowly thinker who doesn't think much

IF
    a multiverse exists and we exist in a multiverse

AND
    our universe in the end is doomed by our own gravity, resulting in "the big crunch"

AND
    there will be another (or infinitely) big bang due to the crunch...

AND
    if all known laws of physics do not exist at the end of the crunch

AND
    that some force at this point, may exist strong enough to repel energy (visible light, micro, etc) from other universes, kinda the opposite of what a black hole does?...

what i am getting at is if this is all possible: multiverse, big squeeze, big bang... can it be possible that our universe is in a infinite loop within a multiverse?

once again I am only an occasional reader of some basic astrophysics and basic quantum so dont be too harsh...

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 7, 2008 #2
    The multiverse question and the infinite loop question are different questions and they might not be dependent on each other.

The Infinite loop universe is a theory in cosmology known as the Cyclic model. I don't think it's well accepted by physicist

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?