1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Hysteresis loop

1. Feb 7, 2005 #1

At first, I think I have to make it clear to you that I suck at physics and my major in college is digital/media technology, and in Finland, we must have engineering physics passed to graduate. It's been over 2 years since I read physics and I still have those 'chapter 13' exercises undone. (what a coincidence that it's chapter '13')

Anyway, I have particularly one exercise that's way too hard for me. It goes like this...

'Prove that hysteresis loop's area unit is J/m3, which is energy per volume unit'

I have no idea where to start and how to proceed. I'm more like a graphic designer not a physics laboratory assistant. I hope you still could help with this. I made a search and found one, but I'm not sure if it solves my problem, and I really didn't understand it.

Thanks in advance...

...from Finland :confused:
  2. jcsd
  3. Feb 7, 2005 #2
    [tex][w]_{SI}=_{SI}\cdot[H]_{SI}=TA/m=\frac{N}{Am} \cdot \frac{A}{m}=\frac{N}{m^2}=\frac{J}{m^3}[/tex]

([tex]1 J=1 N \cdot m[/tex])
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2005
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?