Find the Right Girl: No drugs, No Sex on First Date

• Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date
In summary: Her name wasn't Debbie was it? I had a similar experience with a flight attendant. I was on a flight back from Florida in the early 80's with a friend of mine. My friend was in the Air Force and we were talking about some of the planes he worked on and one of the stewardesses overheard us and thought we were talking about bombs. She was very upset and had the pilot contact the tower to let them know of a possible hijacking attempt. When we landed we were greeted by dozens of police and FBI agents. We were taken off the plane and taken to an interrogation room where we were questioned for several hours. Eventually, things got cleared up and we were released. From
humanino said:
Yes. Sorry. I can do anything else if you please :redface:
Many women, like me, find intelligent men exciting. Intelligence and a great sense of humor are the two most important things.

What instruments do you play?

Physics news on Phys.org
In order : piano, guitare and saxophone are the only ones I can make something not too bad with. Unfortunately, none of them can I play as a virtuose of course.

1 : Maybe I could seduce Evo :cool:
2 : Evo could have any guy she wants :approve:

so I guess, maybe I could seduce any woman :bugeye:

Woohoo ! I'm going to try tonight :cool:
If I am not here tomorrow, that's because I left for the paradise islands with a rich and beautiful woman :devil: :wink:
I'll send you a picture and a postcard from the yacht

humanino said:
1 : Maybe I could seduce Evo :cool:
2 : Evo could have any guy she wants :approve:

so I guess, maybe I could seduce any woman :bugeye:

Woohoo ! I'm going to try tonight :cool:
If I am not here tomorrow, that's because I left for the paradise islands with a rich and beautiful woman :devil: :wink:
I'll send you a picture and a postcard from the yacht
:biggrin: Yes, you can have any woman you want. :approve:

Just post a note here before you take off with your new woman so we won't worry about you! :smile:

Hey Evo : I steal her fortune, and then I come pick-you up !

humanino said:
Hey Evo : I steal her fortune, and then I come pick-you up !
♥♥♥

---

I'll take those three little hearts with me, and hug them everytime I miss you during my michiavelic mission ♥♥♥

... yes, I am romantic too sometimes :wink:

Poor Tribdog is drowning in sorrow because he gets too much sex from beautiful women and you two, humanino and Evo, are making out right in front of him. Shame on you. Have you no compassion for the poor guy? :grumpy:

Artman said:
he gets too much sex from beautiful women
I am a victim of the same problem :eek:

Sorry tripdog, I did not realize...

Artman said:
Poor Tribdog is drowning in sorrow because he gets too much sex from beautiful women and you two, humanino and Evo, are making out right in front of him. Shame on you. Have you no compassion for the poor guy? :grumpy:

Don't even start with me, I haven't even gone out with a girl before and I'm 17! Truth is...I'm afraid of rejection :cry:

I have been afraid of rejection for years, until realizing I could have success with girls. And after that, I also realized "who cares ?" you have to try. The more you try the more you are likely to get it :wink:

DarkAnt said:
Don't even start with me, I haven't even gone out with a girl before and I'm 17! Truth is...I'm afraid of rejection :cry:
The simple fact that you doubt about yourself makes you already more interesting that most of those empty girls proud of themselves and that maybe you are afraid by.

Artman said:
Poor Tribdog is drowning in sorrow because he gets too much sex from beautiful women
Now you're going to make me cry. Poor tribdog. :frown:

I never had an luck before now, well not really. A 'thing' that wouldn't work but now I am happy. Just keep on trying it will work out. :biggrin:

The Bob (2004 ©)

Evo said:
Now you're going to make me cry. Poor tribdog. :frown:
We could hold an internet telethon for guys like Tribdog.

"Please give to those who get" could be our slogan. :smile:

Artman said:
"Please give to those who get" could be our slogan. :smile:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

A word now from The Tribdog Foundation.

We have millions of researchers trying desperately to find the cause of gettin-too-much syndrome. Only after we find how this happens can we hope to achieve success.

Remember the words of our founder: "Never have so many, given so much, to so few, so often."

Please give till it hurts. Every piece helps.

Give to those who get. Thank you.

Smooth operators are standing by.

:rofl: :smile: :biggrin:

Hey trib, don't get down. Have you ever tried asexual reproduction? It hasnt worked for me yet but you got to keep trying

DIVIDE DIVIDE!

Artman said:
A word now from The Tribdog Foundation.

We have millions of researchers trying desperately to find the cause of gettin-too-much syndrome. Only after we find how this happens can we hope to achieve success.

Remember the words of our founder: "Never have so many, given so much, to so few, so often."

Please give till it hurts. Every piece helps.

Give to those who get. Thank you.

Smooth operators are standing by.

:rofl: :smile: :biggrin:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I love it!

We're back to continue our Tribdog Internet-Athon to benefit research into the cause and cure of Gettin-Too-Much Syndrome (GTMS).

We have some great stars on tap to provide entertainment for this worthy cause.

Madonna will perform "Like a Virgin."

Mick Jagger and the Rolling Stones will sing their hit: "I Can't Get No Satisfaction"

Micheal Jackson will be doing: "Beat It."

Just to name a few.

But it's not all fun and games here. Not by a long shot. Our researchers believe that a cure is possible! They are collecting antibodies from persons afflicted with Can't-Get-Any disease. They believe that these antibodies can be made into a vaccine that when given to a sufferer of GTMS will turn that person from Gettin-Too-Much to Might-Get-Some-If-You're-Real-Lucky. We can only hope. The procedure is dangerous though and could send them right over to Wouldn't-Get-Any-If-You-Paid-For-It-And-Wore-A-Bag. More research is definitely needed.

Please give and give and give to those who get.

:uhh: :eek:
I am too afraid of the "Wouldn't-Get-Any-If-You-Paid-For-It-And-Wore-A-Bag" if the process cannot be inverted. I prefer to become a priest.

Or better : I will buy myself a "I'm into physics"-front "and I love scratching my ***** in pubic"-back T-shirt. If that is not enough I will by a "I have nematode parasites, and consider getting smallpox" hat.

Artman said:
We have some great stars on tap to provide entertainment for this worthy cause.

Madonna will perform "Like a Virgin."

Mick Jagger and the Rolling Stones will sing their hit: "I Can't Get No Satisfaction"

Micheal Jackson will be doing: "Beat It."

Just to name a few...

Please give and give and give to those who get.

:rofl: :rofl: This only gets better...

Here we are again at the Tribdog Internet-Athon working for a cure for GTMS, the dreaded disease that can afflict people of all ages, but certainly hits hardest on the young.

Let's hear a big round of applause for Aerosmith performing the Beatles "Come Together."

Let's have a look at our tally board.

(Please note that we have been polling our pledge people with a few simple questions.)

So far we have pledges from...Well it seems no one has actually pledged, but several have left us some coments.

Married men say they refuse to pledge because they think that someone ought to be getting some.

Unmarried women say, leave him alone.

Married women say, Hummm this is odd, they also say leave him alone.

Unmarried men say they would pledge but they waste all of their money trying to get some.

So as you can see this leaves our total at 0.

Oh well. We're going to keep at this though.

In the meantime here is George Thoroughgood and "Bad To The Bone."

Remember give from your heart and for our larger donations we will give you a heart pin so you can put a heart-on for GTMS. :smile: :rofl: :smile:

Hang in there Tribdog, this is all for you!

Artman said:
Here we are again at the Tribdog Internet-Athon working for a cure for GTMS, the dreaded disease that can afflict people of all ages, but certainly hits hardest on the young.

Let's hear a big round of applause for Aerosmith performing the Beatles "Come Together."

Let's have a look at our tally board.
Artman, this is truly a great cause and I am so proud of you for championing the plight of those afflicted with GTMS. The musical guests you have selected add so much.

I am deeply touched as I know others here in GD are. :approve:

Last edited:
Novel Protein Absent in Get-Too-Much Syndrome (GTMS) Patients
P.F. Moonbear
Center for GTMS Studies

Abstract:
Get-Too-Much Syndrome (GTMS) has been reported as an important quality-of-life issue affecting nearly 15% of men aged 19-35. Those afflicted with this disorder commonly report symptoms including inability to sustain long-term relationships, frequent occurrences of characteristic swelling on one or both sides of the face resembling a "hand print," and difficulty recalling names of sexual partners. GTMS appears to preferentially afflict men in highly paid professions, which has led a number of researchers to hypothesize that occupational exposure to an unidentified substance may lead to GTMS. However, we propose an alternate hypothesis based on behavioral observations of men in natural settings. In our previous report, we noted that men afflicted with GTMS were more likely to congregate in locations with high populations of women, and were less likely than normal controls to congregate in locations with predominantly male populations, such as sports arenas and physics lectures. Therefore, we compared GTMS patients with normal controls recruited from local sports arenas. Subjects were matched for socioeconomic status, average weekly alcohol consumption, height and weight. Blood samples were collected from both groups for comparison of numerous indicators of endocrine and health status. For most parameters measured, including free testosterone concentrations, LDL:HDL ratios, and immune function, no significant differences were detected for the two groups. However, a novel protein with MW=25kDa was identified in blood samples of normal controls that was undetectable in GTMS subjects. We propose that this novel protein, which we have named GEEK (GTMS Environmental Evasion Kinase), is part of a second-messenger cascade required for normal neuronal function in men. This disruption of this neuronal function in the absence of GEEK likely leads to the altered behavior of GTMS patients, resulting in them getting too much. Further studies are planned to determine if GEEK is up-regulated during aging, when GTMS symptoms typically lessen. We also propose that GEEK has increased activity in the presence of the chaperone molecule, WIFE (Wild Inhibition-Free Ending protein), possibly explaining the rapid cessation of GTMS symptoms that is correlated with detection of WIFE. These findings suggest a novel molecular basis for GTMS, and provide the possibility of development of therapeutic approaches for treating GTMS with either GEEK proteins or WIFE. Support provided by: Tribdog Foundation Grant #12345.

Last edited:
Moonbear, that's hysterical! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Finally, the scientific explanation for GTMS, thanks to "Tribdog Foundation Grant #12345". :biggrin:

OK, you have all gone mad, but for GTMS I would like to offer a pound of butter if you raise a cake of £1000. Then the cake will taste better. See? We all win. :rofl:

The Bob (2004 ©)

Moonbear said:
P.F. Moonbear
Center for GTMS Studies
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

And people say I'm insensitive.
Geeez, I'm just looking for someone to love.

Moonbear said:
P.F. Moonbear
Center for GTMS Studies

Abstract:...We propose that this novel protein, which we have named GEEK (GTMS Environmental Evasion Kinase), is part of a second-messenger cascade required for normal neuronal function in men. This disruption of this neuronal function in the absence of GEEK likely leads to the altered behavior of GTMS patients, resulting in them getting too much. Further studies are planned to determine if GEEK is up-regulated during aging, when GTMS symptoms typically lessen. We also propose that GEEK has increased activity in the presence of the chaperone molecule, WIFE (Wild Inhibition-Free Ending protein), possibly explaining the rapid cessation of GTMS symptoms that is correlated with detection of WIFE. ...Support provided by: Tribdog Foundation Grant #12345.
We here at the foundation are deeply moved to see the scientific community actively seeking the cause and cure for Getting-Too-Much Syndrome. Honest we are moved to tears (and LMAO!)

Thanks Moonbear for that report. Yes we are working, but there is still so much more to do.

Today we have a special treat for you here at the GTMS Internet-Athon. We have an interview with a person who is afflicted with an advanced case of GTMS, which we sometimes refer to as GWTMS (Getting-WAY-Too-Much Syndrome).

US: Have you had the disease for a long time?

GTMS Sufferer said:
Very long.

US: Life with Getting-Too-Much-Syndrome must be pretty tough, isn't it?

GTMS Sufferer said:
Yes. It's hard.

US: Progress towards treatment has not been quick in coming has it?

GTMS Sufferer said:
Slow, very slow.

US: Have you sought a cure on your own?

GTMS Sufferer said:
Yes. It's been a long time coming.

US: So, to sum things up, It's been long, hard, slow, very slow and a long time coming. We're all pulling for you. Just keep on plugging away.

GTMS Sufferer said:
Thank you for your encouragement and support.

There you have it. The toll this disease can take on a person.

Coming up next we have Jerry Lews and his French interpreter!

:yuck: :biggrin:

Artman said:
US: So, to sum things up, It's been long, hard, slow, very slow and a long time coming. We're all pulling for you. Just keep on plugging away.

:approve: :biggrin: :rofl: :tongue2: :tongue:

Artman said:
US: So, to sum things up, It's been long, hard, slow, very slow and a long time coming.
This is thick. Ooops. Pardon my french :tongue2:

tribdog said:
And people say I'm insensitive.
Geeez, I'm just looking for someone to love.

Sorry. Just having some fun. We all love you Tribdog. You have such a great sense of humor I thought you would be writing into the Tribdog Foundation with your own views on the subject.

Seriously, I hope you find that love you want.

What should I say either ! I could not sleep all night just because I wanted to take a beer with my buddies yesterday and I have been kidnapped by a group of histerical hooties, and today I'm unable to work. GTMS effects on concentration have not even been investigated yet.

Thank you all for the Internet-Athon. It helps us so much.

humanino said:
...I have been kidnapped by a group of histerical hooties, and today I'm unable to work...

Thank you all for the Internet-Athon. It helps us so much.
We only wish we could help more. :tongue2:

We were hoping to have Jerry Lewis with us today, but he was not available. Sorry about that humanino, being French you probably are aware of his immense popularity in your country. As a side note, it has been determined that having Jerry Lewis on the TV can actually act as a deterrent to sex. As soon as the familiar sound of "Oh Mrs LAYYY-DEE" is spoken, sex is the farthest thing from your mind. In light of this discovery, researchers are working with recordings of Jerry to try and affect a cure. :tongue2: :rofl: