I always feel guilty doing intro threads

In summary, Bee introduces themselves as a third-year electrical engineering student and expresses feeling overwhelmed but eager to learn from participating in the forum. They receive a warm welcome from other members and discuss a joke about "initiation" into the forum. Bee also mentions their favorite part of a comic on the forum and is welcomed by other users.
simplybee
^^ But I hate doing a cold entrance even more xD

I'm Bee and I'm a third year EE student at some school in Canada. The main reason I'm posting this is just to throw out there that I feel pretty over my head here (haha) but I've been lurking for months and I'm hoping that maybe I'll learn some stuff by actually participating :) Soooo wish me luck?

Physics news on Phys.org
Best of luck to you Bee. Its always a pleasure to meet new people here. And yes, its time to shuck the lurking and dive right in. Welcome.

Welcome to the forum Bee! You will find a lot of great people here that enjoy helping those that wish to learn.

Before you can begin, you have to pass the initiation test:

[URL]http://window.gcc2.net/pub/random_images/infinite_resistors.gif[/URL]

:tongue2: (just kidding)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the welcome, guys :)

And waht, my favourite part of that whole thing was in http://xkcd.com/730/" when he said in the alt-text that he had just nerd sniped himself trying to figure out the resistor mass in it xD I'm not going to lie, since that comic came out, I've spent the entire time waiting for it to be sold as a poster, haha.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to PF. I don't understand why you feel guilty, but I empathize with your feelings of being in over your head.

simplybee said:
I'm Bee

Honey or Bumble?

(sorry, couldn't resist...)

Haha. Welcome Bee, hope you like it here.

Hi Bee, the EE! Welcome to PF :smile:!

He's simply the EE Bee.

What is an intro thread?

An intro thread is a post or message in a forum or online community where a user introduces themselves to the rest of the community. It is a way for new members to make themselves known and become a part of the community.

Why do people feel guilty about intro threads?

People may feel guilty about intro threads because they may feel like they are taking up space or attention in the community, or they may feel like they are not interesting or important enough to warrant an introduction.

Is it necessary to do an intro thread?

No, it is not necessary to do an intro thread. It is completely up to the individual whether they want to introduce themselves to the community or not. Some may find it helpful to make connections and others may not see the need for it.

How can I make my intro thread more interesting?

You can make your intro thread more interesting by sharing unique or fun facts about yourself, asking questions to spark conversation, or sharing your hobbies and interests. You can also add photos or use creative formatting to make your intro thread stand out.

Should I respond to comments on my intro thread?

It is not necessary to respond to every comment on your intro thread, but it is polite to acknowledge and thank those who welcomed you or asked you questions. It is also a great way to start conversations and get to know other members of the community.