I am a loser loser loser loser loser

• Thread starter Crazy Tosser
  • Start date
In summary, the person is a loser who is scared to ask a girl out, and is worried about dinner freaking her out. They suggest coffee instead.

jreelawg said:
Most females don't like guys who talk too much anyways. My advice is to ecourage her to talk about herself, and be a good listener. Ask her about things like: what is her favorite kind of food, what movies she likes, what is her favorite color. Give her a few compliments. Then let her talk, and when appropriate, be humorous. Try not to act too serious.

:rofl: Hi, what's your favorite color. Mines is blue. What's that, you're leaving? Call me!?...hello?

And the advice gets worse. LOL.

Physics news on Phys.org

Renge Ishyo said:
I squarely take that as a compliment.

Then you need to re-evaluate what a compliment is.

Respect for the opposite sex: learn to have it.

Last edited:

Cyrus said:
:rofl: I was just joking about the whole calling her up and making breathing noises. LOL.

What!? But I just did that to all my pretty lady friends last night! All because I trusted you Cy! That's some dirty pool.

Cyrus said:
Then you need to re-evaluate what a compliment is.

Respect for the opposite sex: learn to have it.

Renge, I had a similar reaction. Thinking poorly of a person simply because they do not want to talk to someone is pretty immature. She's not dumb or uneducated, she's apparently just not interested. And what do you think you are saying about Tosser that he is so taken by a woman you would apparently hold in contempt?

Is a guy an immature idiot when he ignores all the nasty fat chicks calling him?

tchitt said:
Is a guy an immature idiot when he ignores all the nasty fat chicks calling him?

That's called self respect.

Exactly. So maybe people saying that every girl within a certain age range is by default a stuck up snobby superficial booch are really just the male equivalent of nasty fat chicks.

Renge, I had a similar reaction. Thinking poorly of a person simply because they do not want to talk to someone is pretty immature. She's not dumb or uneducated, she's apparently just not interested. And what do you think you are saying about Tosser that he is so taken by a woman you would apparently hold in contempt?

If the topic was boys treating girls like dirt I'd have stuff to say on that matter too, but this is the opposite topic. Look there are ways to tell a guy you are not interested upfront such as *not giving them your phone number to begin with*. True, I don't know much about this girl aside from the fact that she didn't respond to her phone (and calling 4 times an hour IS psychotic), but if you give someone your phone number you are basically saying "go ahead and call me; I want to talk to you." And then this.

For instance, my sister once gave a guy her phone number and did this same thing to him. After he left his messages, she called over my other sister and myself to listen to "how much of a creep he is" and make fun of his phone messages (she called him "oatmeal man" because in one message the poor guy said he just woke up and was eating his oatmeal and asked for her to call back, which she never did). We aren't talking about behavior patterns of mature women here...we are talking about *girls*. And they can be cruel (believe it or not).

Everyone can be cruel. There aren't more cruel girls than guys. Adolescents in general seem to have a predisposition to occasional cruelty.

So what's your point? I don't think anyone will see that as new information by any means.

Renge Ishyo said:
If the topic was boys treating girls like dirt I'd have stuff to say on that matter too, but this is the opposite topic. Look there are ways to tell a guy you are not interested upfront such as *not giving them your phone number to begin with*. True, I don't know much about this girl aside from the fact that she didn't respond to her phone (and calling 4 times an hour IS psychotic), but if you give someone your phone number you are basically saying "go ahead and call me; I want to talk to you." And then this.

For instance, my sister once gave a guy her phone number and did this same thing to him. After he left his messages, she called over my other sister and myself to listen to "how much of a creep he is" and make fun of his phone messages (she called him "oatmeal man" because in one message the poor guy said he just woke up and was eating his oatmeal and asked for her to call back, which she never did). We aren't talking about behavior patterns of mature women here...we are talking about *girls*. And they can be cruel (believe it or not).

What does any of this have to do with what Statape said?

What does any of this have to do with what Statape said?

I was responding to the comment "Thinking poorly of a person simply because they do not want to talk to someone is pretty immature" (perhaps I could have isolated just that statement to make it clearer). I'm just voicing my opinions from my own life experience and so I needed to show a specific example of the type of behavior that I saw so that others can see where I am coming from. A lot of guys might not know that this sort of thing even goes on if they didn't have sisters growing up, but I have seen this firsthand many times to know what the deal *likely* is. Do I *know* for sure that is what this girl is doing? Nope of course not (dealing strictly with statistics here), but if she truly is ignoring him because she isn't interested even though she gave him her number then she should at least call back and say she isn't interested or even text him to say that. Or what would YOU do if you were in her shoes?

I don't think anyone will see that as new information by any means.

It's not new information, if it wasn't something that doesn't happen in adolescent life all the time then there would be no truth to what I am saying. And c'mon, this is a 90210 thread. Of course, we're only talking about tennie-bopper behavior in here and I shouldn't have to put a disclaimer on every post to clue in that I mean that.

Renge Ishyo said:
I was responding to the comment "Thinking poorly of a person simply because they do not want to talk to someone is pretty immature" (perhaps I could have isolated just that statement to make it clearer). I'm just voicing my opinions from my own life experience and so I needed to show a specific example of the type of behavior that I saw so that others can see where I am coming from. A lot of guys might not know that this sort of thing even goes on if they didn't have sisters growing up, but I have seen this firsthand many times to know what the deal *likely* is. Do I *know* for sure that is what this girl is doing? Nope of course not (dealing strictly with statistics here), but if she truly is ignoring him because she isn't interested even though she gave him her number then she should at least call back and say she isn't interested or even text him to say that. Or what would YOU do if you were in her shoes?

I'd call the police if I were in her shoes and say someone is stalking me.

Of course, we're only talking about tennie-bopper behavior in here and I shouldn't have to put a disclaimer on every post to clue in that I mean that.

Whose talking about teenie-bopper behavior? I wasnt. I'm assuming the OP is in college.

Sooooo
Now I woke up as a fat oatmeal-eating guy :D

Guys, I like already... forgot about that girl's existence. No need to insult her, please, she is a very compassionate, smart, beautiful girl that I just happened to want to go out with, but if she doesn't want to, that's her freedom. Besides, I did act like a freak with the phone calls, so she has all reasons to not want me near her face. So if you will stop making judgements of people you do not even know and let this thread die in peace (can a mod please lock it)

Crazy Tosser said:
Sooooo
Now I am a fat oatmeal-eating guy :D

Guys, I like already... forgot about that girl's existence. No need to insult her, please, she is a very compassionate, smart, beautiful girl that I just happened to want to go out with, but if she doesn't want to, that's her freedom. Besides, I did act like a freak with the phone calls, so she has all reasons to not want me near her face. So if you will stop making judgements of people you do not even know...

Someones bitter.

Hooray, another 8 page meaningless help me how to date thread. Finally. It dies.

Or what would YOU do if you were in her shoes?

Probably ignore his calls until he got the hint. I don't like awkward situations... and well, if I didn't know them that well I wouldn't really care how they're feeling about the whole thing to be perfectly honest.

I still can't get over the fact that he called her every 15 mins for 5 hours straight.

:rofl: :rofl: ooooooohhhhh dear. :frown:

Don't worry crazy oatme...err, tosser. Chin up, and I hope you do better next time. At least now you know about the repeated calls thing (and knowing is half the battle!).

I don't think it was every 15 minutes.
I mean, I am a creep, but I am not that much of a creep
I called her occasionally, but 1-3 times in a row each. So it probably was more like 15 calls total. But it seemed like 4 times an hour.

Now, get over it and let it die.

lol I like your honesty. I hope you don't mistake my comments for attacks on you personally... I'm just discussing the whole situation. I'm not saying you're the male equivalent of a nasty fat chick by any means because I don't know.

In all seriousness CT, if you're calling her this much, you're not mature enough to date anyone yet.

I would hold off on trying again for a few years.

Go join some clubs or make some friends and learn basic interaction skills with other human beings. Then try again later on in life.

As it stands right now, you're not ready.

C'mon Cyrus, they are *both* kids. They'll go through these types of things and then hopefully level out somewhere in their twenties.

And it's not unsual for crazy oatman to be bitter and upset for a few days until his emotions level out, I mean technically we were all giving advice to crazy tosser trying to get him hitched, which means this girl dumped ALL of us. I'm never going to speak to her again either! *hmph*

I have no idea how old he is. I assume he was in college, as this is an adult forum. Considering he avoided telling his age, I have no idea how old he is anymore. But based on his posts, I suspect you're right.

I never gave him advice to get him hitched. I don't think anyone else has either. She dumped all of us? Err, okay...

Talking about maturity, Renge Ishyo and Cyrus, the annoyance and arrogance meters of your posts are just going wild. If you want to have further third-person discussion with each other about me and who I am without knowing me at all, would you please continue it through private messages? It might surprise you, but I can actually read it when you discuss me in a public thread. Thank you all for not further bumping this thread up.

~Tosser

You can't answer how old you are? It's a simple question. The advice you seek is vastly different if you are 16 or if you are 26.

We're well aware others can read what were saying. You made a public thread about this. You can thank yourself.

You were asked your age twice now, and you won't answer. Therefore, we have to guess at it. Don't confuse this as 'making assumptions about you and we don't even know you'.

I think your probably around 16, you got a girl to give you her phone number, you got way, way too excited and you called her up non-stop and scared her away. Oh well, don't worry about it. You're young and still learning. Take my advice and find someone you can talk to about girls. Your dad, friends, an uncle. If you know any girls, they would be the best to talk to for advice. Try talking to your mom or sisters.

But you shouldn't be going to an internet physics forum for this kind of information.

Last edited:

Tosser, would it really make much of a difference if you were a 15 year old or if you were a 30 year old who behaved like a 15 year old? Don't take any of this personally guy, most of this discussion is just to amuse ourselves anyways.

Renge Ishyo said:

omg! Like, she dissed John Prine?! She's so, like, totally lame!

I woke up this morning
Things were lookin' bad.
It seemed like total silence
Was the onliest friend I had.
A bowl of oatmeal tried to stare me down...
and won...

Pythagorean said:
...The only way to find out to put yourself out there. Just remember there's other fish in the sea, and you'll never be able to move on to them if you get hung up at this stage. You have to go get rejected or accepted so you can move on to the next step and be progressive about it and allow yourself to develop emotionally.

I didn't bother to read all the advice. This advice right here. It's the "magic pill", learn it and go with it.