I am amazed by the skills of some people here

• Thread starter yannbarvss
  • Start date
yannbarvss
Hi, Guys...!!!

I am new on your site and I am amazed by the skills of some people here...
not too sure if this is the right place to be posting this msg

Let me introduce myself first :

I am Yann, a webmaster and dive instructor, 27 years old.

i have many questions about music, web , PC and education...

Where i can post my messages...

So, thanks a lot!

Answers and Replies

Danger
Gold Member
Welcome to PF, Yann. I envy your diving abilitiy; I always wanted to take up SCUBA, because it's so peaceful and beautiful down there (well, not Lake Erie :surprised ). Unfortunately, my medical conditions precluded that.
You're right about the skills aspect. There are world-class experts on just about any scientific subject right here, and they're more than happy to help you learn anything that you want to know about. I am not one of them, but I seem to have a peculiar talent for thinking so far out of the box that it's not even in the same warehouse. Upon rare occassions, that has proven useful, so I might possibly be of service to you in the future.

You're right about the skills aspect. There are world-class experts on just about any scientific subject right here, and they're more than happy to help you learn anything that you want to know about.
"Scientific skills"? I am crushed, I tell you, just absolutely crushed. I had assumed he was referring to my penchant for sarcasm. It is not a skill that has come to me without great effort.

I suppose, though, this is supposed to be science forum, after all.

Danger
Gold Member
"I had assumed he was referring to my penchant for sarcasm.
Well, that's so obvious that I didn't see any reason to bother mentioning it. If Elton John was on here, I wouldn't say 'Oh, we have a singer too'.

Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
"Scientific skills"? I am crushed, I tell you, just absolutely crushed. I had assumed he was referring to my penchant for sarcasm. It is not a skill that has come to me without great effort.

I suppose, though, this is supposed to be science forum, after all.
Perhaps it is your scientific approach to sarcasm - the precision of content and execution. :biggrin:

Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Perhaps it is your scientific approach to sarcasm -
I prefer a sarcastic approach to science. :biggrin:

Hi, Guys...!!!

I am new on your site and I am amazed by the skills of some people here...
Welcome aboard !
I'm glad to hear that craftmanship :smile: :biggrin: is highly respected (and yes,yes,yes ::approve: many are skilful sailors here )

Don't you dare...

Last edited:
Office_Shredder
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
What's amazing is how warm a welcome this spambot is getting. I saw it post the same message on a different forum I browse.

I am amazed by the skills of some people here...
Names plz.

Doesn't UCLA have a very reputable Sarcastic Sciences department?

Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Doesn't UCLA have a very reputable Sarcastic Sciences department?
Absolutely. It's my minor. :cool:
The courses are challenging because you never quite know when the professors are being serious - as they are experts in sarcasm, you know.

Absolutely. It's my minor. :cool:
The courses are challenging because you never quite know when the professors are being serious - as they are experts in sarcasm, you know.
Must create alot of tension when grades are passed out. "You seriously thought I gave you AN A???!!! I was being SARCASTIC!!!!!"

Hurkyl
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Oh yeah, I'm grading this one on a curve. *nod*

Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I'll never forget my Sarcastic Methods and Design midterm. The time allotted for the test was up and the student next to me asked the teacher if she could just finish her last answer. He said, "Sure, take all the time you want. We've all got nothing better to do than wait for you." Completely missing his sarcasm, she continued writing. He snatched her paper and gave her an A on the spot, and then cruelly scratched it out with a "oh, whoops!" and gave her an F. It was truly heartbreaking. Such a brutal, brutal class.