What are the Benefits of a Diverse Education in Mathematics and English?

• Thread starter ConvenientParking
  • Start date
In summary, a diverse education in mathematics and English offers numerous benefits to students. It allows them to gain a deeper understanding of different perspectives and cultures, enhances critical thinking skills, and promotes creativity and innovation. Additionally, a diverse education can improve communication and collaboration skills, preparing students for success in diverse work environments. It also promotes empathy and open-mindedness, creating more well-rounded individuals. Overall, a diverse education in mathematics and English can help students become more globally competent and better equipped for future academic and professional endeavors.
ConvenientParking
My user name is an old Modest Mouse song. Third track from The Lonesome Crowded West. My older cousin gave me his scratched copy of that CD in 2004 or 2005 right after he left HS graduation for his enlistment in the US Army.

I will not be a frequent contributor to the topics here as I've very limited expertise in any of the topics discussed here. I learned about this place years and years ago when I was living at home away from campus taking a second semester of calculus through correspondence. I can't remember, for the life of me, that email address/username. Some very helpful people assisted me with questions I had about integration by parts. It would take me a good month or two of reading to remember calculus at this point.

I attended the University of Iowa and left with an undergrad degree in applied math (focus in act sci/stats). Did not attempt any actuarial exams. I work in an unrelated field for a financial institution. All I have left to my name from my education is the memory of rigor from an education in real analysis. I did, at one point, prove both parts of the fundamental theorem of calculus.

But my presence now will be limited to asking questions. I also minored in English. I won't be intrusive (trollish) in topics that don't interest me, but I seek patience from those wiser if I intrude with dumb questions on topics outside of my grasp.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Edit: ConvenientParking

Welcome to the PF. :smile: