I am going to do a presentation on time-travel tomorrow.

• Thread starter Gamecubesupreme
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Presentation
In summary, a demonstration for the topics of time dilation, special relativity, and the twin paradox would involve rolling a ball off a table and having it caught by a teacher. This would introduce students to the idea of a paradox, before discussing time dilation and relativity in more detail, with examples of paradoxes. Lastly, the grandfather paradox would be covered.
Gamecubesupreme
I need a demonstration for the following topics:

Time Dilation
Special Theory of Relativity
Twin Paradox

So far, I plan on explaining the twin paradox by starting off with rolling a ball off the table and have my teacher catch it. Then I'll question him why he caught it and would it have fall to the ground if he didn't interefere. Basically, that will be able to introduce the class to the idea of a paradox.

How should I start with a demonstartion for time dilation and theory of relativity? Something along the lines of the twin paradox is perfect.

Physics news on Phys.org
mmm how come your title says tim-travel and your focusing on relativity and not the subsubject of time-etravel

Any table top experiment you do will only lead to great confusion of SR.

If your going to present that topic to the class. Then your going to have to explain some basic concepts in Physics for them to understand what your talking about. I don't see how rolling a ball over table is going to explain Twin Paradox to be perfectly Honest with you.

If your going to explain Special Relativity. Then here's what I would do

1. Go over Galilean Relativity, and how Galilean Relativity breaks down when light becomes involved.

2. Then start with Einstein's Two Postulates of Special Relativity, and explain how that goes into Correcting Relativity in Physics.

3. If your Teacher allows you to use the Chalk Board or Marker Board, then you could explain Time Dilation with the drawing of Diagrams. I would use the Old Fashion "Light Clock in Motion" to explain Time Dilation with the use of drawing the Diagrams of the Light Clock on the Board.

4. Now you can Explain Twin Paradox, through once again more Diagrams.

lets say you can travel time if you really have a fast space ship.

If you want an example of a paradox, Schrodingers cat, or xeno's paradox would be good examples.

whozum said:
If you want an example of a paradox, Schrodingers cat, or xeno's paradox would be good examples.

What about the grandfather paradox? That's a classic.

1. How does time-travel work?

Time-travel is a theoretical concept that involves traveling through time to the past or future. The exact mechanism of time-travel is still unknown and is a subject of ongoing scientific research.

2. Is time-travel possible?

At this point in time, time-travel is not possible. While there are theories that support the possibility of time-travel, there is currently no scientific evidence or technology that can make it a reality.

3. Can time-travel change the present or future?

This is a highly debated topic among scientists. Some theories suggest that changing events in the past could have ripple effects on the present and future, while others argue that time-travel would create parallel timelines. However, without the ability to time-travel, it is impossible to know for sure.

4. What are the potential implications of time-travel?

If time-travel were to become possible, it would have significant implications for our understanding of the universe and the laws of physics. It could also have ethical implications, as changing events in the past could have unforeseen consequences for the present and future.

5. How close are we to achieving time-travel?

Currently, we do not have the technology to make time-travel a reality. However, there are ongoing scientific studies and experiments that are exploring the concept of time-travel and trying to find ways to make it possible in the future.