1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I am interested in the course materials

1. Apr 21, 2012 #1
    I am posting, because I'm looking for some feedback from more experienced and knowledgable posters who can let me know if I'm on the right track.

I've always wanted to be a mechanical engineer and try to find ways to make machinery more energy efficient (ex: assembly machines at a GM plant). I throughly enjoy Physics, Chemistry, and Math. I usually do very well in the math components of Physics and Chemistry, but I struggle on the theory component (it's simply a matter putting more time into it). Right now, I'm 23 years old, I work in the public sector making and average income, pension + benefits etc. I'm REALLY considering going back to school for Engineering, because I think it will be more intellectually challenging and fulfilling at the same time. I am currently courses to refresh my memory on mathematical and scientific concepts, as I have forgotten them from not using them in the past few years. I am also doing very well in the courses simply because I am interested in the course materials and don't mind putting the time into it.

Basically, I would like to know from people (who may have experienced a similar situation or who work in Engineering) if this is a worthwhile endeavour?

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted