What Can an Armchair Physicist Learn from Everyday Experiences?

• Thread starter Greg2
  • Start date
In summary, an armchair physicist can gain valuable insights and knowledge from everyday experiences. By observing and analyzing the world around them, they can apply the principles of physics to explain phenomena such as the movement of objects, the behavior of fluids, and the effects of forces. This can enhance their understanding of the physical world and allow them to make connections between theory and real-life situations. Furthermore, everyday experiences can also inspire new ideas and experiments, encouraging armchair physicists to further explore and expand their understanding of the universe.
Greg2
Gold Member
Hi, my name is Greg.
I suppose I could be classified as an armchair physicist, in that I don't have any formal training in the subject (outside of high school physics) yet I persist in retaining the notion that I understand a good bit as it applies to my everyday experiences.
I enjoy experiencing the marvels of the natural world, and physics comes in quite handy.

Likes pinball1970
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF Greg.

Greg said:
I suppose I could be classified as an armchair physicist, in that I don't have any formal training in the subject (outside of high school physics) yet I persist in retaining the notion that I understand a good bit as it applies to my everyday experiences

Hi Greg
I was where you were a few years ago, I read a few books "about" physics including one on Einstein and decided to delve into it a little bit. My job also utilizes a lot of physics concepts but it is possible to do an awful lot of it without understanding some of the fundamentals. This forum is great for so many different aspects of maths, science and the scientific method not just physics.