TV Guide Channel: Where is the FCC When You Need Them?

In summary, this is not a lie. You know that channel that scrolls a guide for what's on TV? I think it is called the TV Guide Channel. I swear to God that right now as I'm typing this, on channel 7 from 6 to 6:30pm is the following show and it really gets me upset: Cox connecting with kids and it really gets me upset.
tribdog
this is not a lie. You know that channel that scrolls a guide for what's on TV? I think it is called the TV Guide Channel. I swear to God that right now as I'm typing this, on channel 7 from 6 to 6:30pm is the following show and it really gets me upset: Cox connecting with kids
where is the FCC when you need them?

Physics news on Phys.org
Last edited by a moderator:
Was it a religious show?

Well you have to get kids connected to cox someday. As long as Michael Jackson is not the host, or some catholic priest, I think we are fine :smile:

TV Guide Channel...hmph! It's more like the 24 hour commercial channel...oh, and they squeeze in 3 lines of channel information while they're at it. I'm faster at flipping channels than waiting for that thing to scroll through them.

don't you think cox connecting with kids is funny? I watch the Cox channel all the time. my favorite is cox up all night or cox talks.

tribdog you have 8 threads on the first page alone. :bugeye:

You're the ultimate Thread Starter! :wink:

one of the ones I started almost a year ago and it's still there
I wouldn't start so many if I had friends.

tribdog said:
one of the ones I started almost a year ago and it's still there
I wouldn't start so many if I had friends.
Yet you still haven't started the thread that's most unexplainably missing, considering this is a physics forum: tribology.

We could even reference articles from the http://scitation.aip.org/ASMEJournals/Tribology/

Last edited by a moderator:
that's because of two factors:
1) Nobody understands the subject
2)Nobody wants to understand the subject

tribdog said:
1) Nobody understands the subject
2)Nobody wants to understand the subject

What if somebody must understand the subject? :eek:

blame Heisenberg. some things just aren't knowable.

actually the reason I start so many threads is because I like to post, but I don't care what other people say so I have to start my own threads because I'm interested in what I have to say.

What if...

tribdog said:
1) Nobody cares about the subject
2)Nobody wants to care about the subject

you dirty prick
I'm hurt no, not hurt. I am outraged.
good thread for it though

I used to be part of a forum where one of the new members who came along didn't know how to reply properly, so he ended up creating a thread each time he replied.

Since it was someone who wanted their post count to go up (not to look like a newbie) it wasn't a pretty site.

Anyways, nice chatting with you.

I'm off to do some homework or reading.

1. What is the purpose of the TV Guide Channel?

The TV Guide Channel was originally created to provide viewers with a channel dedicated to TV listings and programming information. It also featured entertainment news and celebrity interviews.

2. Why is the FCC involved with the TV Guide Channel?

The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) is responsible for regulating and overseeing all aspects of television broadcasting, including content and programming. As such, they have the authority to intervene if there are any issues or complaints regarding the TV Guide Channel.

3. What is the controversy surrounding the TV Guide Channel and the FCC?

Many viewers have raised concerns about the TV Guide Channel deviating from its original purpose and becoming more focused on infomercials and paid programming. This has led to complaints to the FCC about false advertising and a lack of transparency in the channel's programming.

4. Has the FCC taken any action against the TV Guide Channel?

The FCC has investigated the TV Guide Channel in the past and has issued warnings and fines for violating regulations. However, the channel continues to air infomercials and paid programming, which has sparked ongoing criticism and calls for further intervention from the FCC.

5. Is there any recourse for viewers who are dissatisfied with the TV Guide Channel?

Viewers who are unhappy with the TV Guide Channel can file a complaint with the FCC. Additionally, they can also reach out directly to the channel's parent company, CBS, to voice their concerns. Some viewers have also chosen to boycott the channel and seek out alternative sources for TV listings and programming information.