1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I am sure many of you have seen this problem, yet startled or possibly dumbfounded

1. Sep 12, 2007 #1
    http://www.cynical-c.com/archives/bloggraphics/_42842559_maths_diagram_416.gif [Broken]

Looking at the figure makes me dizzy..

How on earth do you do this problem!?!?

Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 12, 2007 #2

DaveC426913

Gold Member

It's all about calcuating hypoteneese.

4. Sep 13, 2007 #3
    i've seen it but never bothered to give it a try, computation isn't my thing

5. Sep 13, 2007 #4
    God I'm having trouble just keeping track of everything

6. Sep 13, 2007 #5
    piece of cake

7. Sep 13, 2007 #6
    The answer is clearly c).

8. Sep 13, 2007 #7
    No, it's "none of the above".

9. Sep 13, 2007 #8

Hurkyl

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

That means you need to brush up on organizing information!

10. Sep 14, 2007 #9
    I'm confused, the first thing it says is that ABCD is a square prism....it sure as heck doesn't look like one to me... as for the other stuff, it's just simple geometric calculations isn't it? I think all you need to know are the rules governing angles and shapes.

11. Sep 14, 2007 #10
    That's correct, but until you actual start working on the problem, it's rather tedious.

12. Sep 15, 2007 #11
    The problem can be solved by taking it as a vector problem. Assign a vector for every two coordinates of relevance and try to derive the results.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook