I announce: PF Irc

• Thread starter ManDay
  • Start date
Precisely. Plus, having used IRC, I will most assuredly NEVER set foot in an IRC room again...any moron can wander in, and it's SO hard to get rid of them.
Don't people give OP status to people who at least know how to Kick and Ban, or even set topics? At least that's my experience.
Zz.
See, Moonbear? It's my fault for giving you OP status and no instructions on how to make things work. :rofl:

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
See, Moonbear? It's my fault for giving you OP status and no instructions on how to make things work. :rofl:
:rofl: Did you give the guy who wanted to behead us all OP status too?

:rofl: Did you give the guy who wanted to behead us all OP status too?
Nah, as I understand it, he just wandered on in. :rofl:

~christina~
Gold Member
Heyya :biggrin:

Who wants to open up the IRC Channel for PF?

In case you dont know what IRC is (I couldnt even believe it when ~christina~ asked me for what it is):
What?!?!

I can't believe your naming names:grumpy: (I'm sure I'm not the only one who doesn't know what IRC is)

I just happened to look over here in the forum feedback section and I saw this....and I was like "IRC"...and :surprised

faints* great!

Last edited:
sas3
Gold Member
I have mentioned this before but here it is again.

If anyone wants to try voice chats you will just need to download and install the Team Speak client and have speakers or headphones and a Microphone.
I use it for gaming and it works well.
Here is the link to download Team Speak.
http://www.goteamspeak.com/?page=downloads
It is freeware and all you will need is the Client.
There is a public server called "Alpha Teamspeak" whoever wants to try voice chats can meet there. you can set up a room called PF Chat and set the password to be "physics"
The password will keep the riff-raff out.
Whoever sets the room up will have admin rights.
Just a thought have fun.

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Now, how exactly does a password posted here keep out the riff raff? You don't need to be a member here to read posts.

sas3
Gold Member
The riffraff I am referring to are some of the people that already have TeamSpeak installed and are just searching for rooms that are not password protected too mess with people.

I clicked on the flashchat and it doesn't work.

I agree that this site is awesome just forum-based, but I also agree that a chat/irc channel/wtvr would be beneficial ONLY if it's active, I tried to get help in the other IRC networks by joining the physics channels and they were just unhelpful.

Kurdt
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I clicked on the flashchat and it doesn't work.
Flashchat should be up in an hour or two.