1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I applied for master after 3years from graduation almost forgot phys

1. May 25, 2013 #1
    Dear,

After three years from graduation, I applied for master degree on Physics in strong University in Japan.
    After those three years I almost forgot all basics. Even the parts which I remember I have problems how to deal with its math.
    Not to mention that the program witch I graduated from was not that strong in first place.
    but its my dream to be strong physicist, so I am willing to do what ever it take to fill the gap in the level.
    I need some advice.
    in this particular time I am studying as a research student, taking an undergraduate course in statistical physics and master course in computational physics, and I have to prepare seminar every weak from landau book in mechanics.
    The first two give me really hard time because the lectures is in Japanese and I really can't fully understand what the professor says. And since what he is teaching is his original work you will not find what he said in any book. I tried all I can do to get over this courses and do the homework's but it seems impossible since I cant find my way. And I am still new student so I could not make friend and have a study group until now.
    on top of that the entrance examination for the master program is held in August and I cant find enough time to study for it , because the whole time is wasted fighting with the courses I am taking.

What should I do.
    I do not want to give up my dream.
    I hope I could find a study group in the internet.
    Or could I find a tutor online.
    Or how could I make it by myself.
    I really need an advice.

sorry for the long story and my bad English.
    I really appreciate your time,
    Sincerely,

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted