HP Pavilion zx5000 Series Customize Notebook: Intel Pentium 4, Windows XP Pro

• Thread starter Chen
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Laptop
In summary, the conversation revolved around the purchase of a customized laptop from HP after unsuccessful attempts at finding a suitable one on eBay. The ordered laptop includes a 3.20 GHz Intel Pentium processor, Windows XP Professional, 1.0GB DDR SDRAM, 60 GB hard drive, DVD/CDRW combo drive, 802.11b/g wireless LAN, 15.4" WSXGA+ screen, ATI Mobility Radeon graphics card, and a 12-cell battery. The conversation also touched upon the popularity of desktop replacements and the desire for a lightweight and portable laptop. The laptop has already been shipped and is expected to arrive earlier than predicted. There was also a mention of HP's customer service and the possibility
Chen
After a lot of thinking and eBaying I finally gave up and ordered a customized laptop directly from HP. I tried to buy one on eBay from a reseller, but no one had the configuration I was after. Specifically, I couldn't find any models with the WSXGA+ screen which is absolutely a must. So here's what I ended up ordering:

HP Pavilion zx5000 series customize notebook
- Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 3.20 GHz w/HT
- Microsoft(R) Windows(R) XP Professional-only $49!
- 1.0GB DDR SDRAM (2x512MB)
- 60 GB 5400 RPM Hard Drive
- DVD/CDRW Combo Drive
- 54g(TM) Integrated Broadcom 802.11b/g Wireless LAN
- 15.4" WVA WSXGA+ (1680x1050)
- 64MB ATI Mobility Radeon(TM) 9600
- Microsoft(R) Works/Money
- 12 Cell Lithium Ion Battery
- hpshopping in-box envelope
$1,922 after mail-in rebate.

Basically this should be a huge improvement over my current Compaq Evo P4-M 1.6Ghz and 2x256MB... at least I hope so, because that thing is soooo slow.

Yay me.

Computer science news on Phys.org
I own a Compaq Contura 3/25. Your new system looks to be noticeably faster!

It's a very fast laptop...

Those specs are pretty sweet.

My next laptop would definitely weigh around 2-3 pounds with wireless capability and dvd. Nothing fancy schmanzy.

Portability wasn't really a factor for me, the laptop is stationary most of the time. But if you're into ultraportables, check this out:
http://www.dynamism.com/x505/main.shtml
Just don't drool over your keyboard. :biggrin:

Heh - I usually link people to that site. I was unaware that people aside from myself and a few others knew that site existed.

Desktop replacements are extremely popular these days.

so are you just rubbing this in or what? I think you should share the laptop with the rest of us =)

Hope you enjoy your new investment!

So, how many hours do you get off the battery? 2, 3 hours?

If I cared about battery life I would have gotten a Centrino or a Dothan. But I don't. Anyway, I'm supposed to get something around 4 hours I think? I got the 12 cell battery instead of the 8. But in about year it will probably drop to around 2.5 hours.

It's on its way now:
http://www.fedex.com/cgi-bin/tracki...6&action=track&language=english&cntry_code=us
HP predicted shipment on the 10th but looks like it's going to arrive early. HP++. :smile:

HP++.

It's supposed to be...

Company

+hp

For example:

Shrek

+hp

Chrysler

+hp

Physicsforums

+hp

You

+hp

This thing will overheat soon and die very fast.

This thing will overheat soon and die very fast.

Then he can send it back, and HP can send him a new one.

1. What is the processor model of the HP Pavilion zx5000 Series Customize Notebook?

The processor model of the HP Pavilion zx5000 Series Customize Notebook is the Intel Pentium 4.

2. What operating system does the HP Pavilion zx5000 Series Customize Notebook come with?

The HP Pavilion zx5000 Series Customize Notebook comes with the Windows XP Professional operating system.

3. Can the HP Pavilion zx5000 Series Customize Notebook be customized?

Yes, the HP Pavilion zx5000 Series Customize Notebook allows for customization options such as upgrading the processor, adding more RAM, and choosing a larger hard drive.

4. What are the dimensions and weight of the HP Pavilion zx5000 Series Customize Notebook?

The dimensions of the HP Pavilion zx5000 Series Customize Notebook are 14.3 x 10.5 x 1.6 inches and it weighs approximately 7.5 pounds.

5. What is the battery life of the HP Pavilion zx5000 Series Customize Notebook?

The battery life of the HP Pavilion zx5000 Series Customize Notebook varies depending on usage and settings, but on average it can last between 2-4 hours.

Back