1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I broke the forums

1. Jun 28, 2006 #1

Pythagorean

Gold Member

I broke the forums!!!

I made the mistake of using latex with mozilla.

the graphics didn't appear, just a dialect of the code, so I edited a couple times, thinking my coding was wrong in the Vector Calc thread. My bad, sorry for the inconvenience.

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 28, 2006 #2

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

LaTeX works fine with Mozilla, and you didn't break anything.

- Warren

4. Jun 28, 2006 #3
    I used to have the same problem and it turned out that my image was blocked. I don't know how those guys who helped me re-opened the stuff. Amazing.

5. Jun 28, 2006 #4
    Possibly because the site you use to host images doesn't allow remote linking? I'm not sure of your host but it's best to use either LaTeX or a site like www.imageshack.us to link to your images.

6. Jun 28, 2006 #5
    Well, thanks z-component for the nice link but you are totally on a wrong track. I think my previous post was about what my latex showed me some months ago. Things just didn't work out right for me till they fixed my browser. I was-am using firefox, a really awesome product of mozilla. You should try it, really cool.

7. Jun 29, 2006 #6

Pythagorean

Gold Member

Yeah, no worries, that post was made half in jest, but I couldn't access the calculus forum after having edited my post five times in a row, trying to figure the code out.

Once I switched to Internet Explorer, I still couldn't acces that one forum, but I assumed it was busy trying to generate the latex graphics, and I probably just bogged it down a bit.

Figured I'd hollar out just in case.

8. Jun 30, 2006 #7
    You may need to think if the script is on or off
    Usually if you are connected to broadband, things are never that slow, but I guess it is just via a phoneline or such.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?