Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I broke the forums

1. Jun 28, 2006 #1

Gold Member

I broke the forums!!!

I made the mistake of using latex with mozilla.

the graphics didn't appear, just a dialect of the code, so I edited a couple times, thinking my coding was wrong in the Vector Calc thread. My bad, sorry for the inconvenience.
  2. jcsd
  3. Jun 28, 2006 #2

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

LaTeX works fine with Mozilla, and you didn't break anything.

- Warren
  4. Jun 28, 2006 #3
    I used to have the same problem and it turned out that my image was blocked. I don't know how those guys who helped me re-opened the stuff. Amazing.
  5. Jun 28, 2006 #4
    Possibly because the site you use to host images doesn't allow remote linking? I'm not sure of your host but it's best to use either LaTeX or a site like www.imageshack.us to link to your images.
  6. Jun 28, 2006 #5
    Well, thanks z-component for the nice link but you are totally on a wrong track. I think my previous post was about what my latex showed me some months ago. Things just didn't work out right for me till they fixed my browser. I was-am using firefox, a really awesome product of mozilla. You should try it, really cool.
  7. Jun 29, 2006 #6

Gold Member

Yeah, no worries, that post was made half in jest, but I couldn't access the calculus forum after having edited my post five times in a row, trying to figure the code out.

Once I switched to Internet Explorer, I still couldn't acces that one forum, but I assumed it was busy trying to generate the latex graphics, and I probably just bogged it down a bit.

Figured I'd hollar out just in case.
  8. Jun 30, 2006 #7
    You may need to think if the script is on or off
    Usually if you are connected to broadband, things are never that slow, but I guess it is just via a phoneline or such.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?