I can do maths and chemistry but not physics

In summary, the conversation is about someone who used to do well in physics but is now struggling and feeling overwhelmed with upcoming exams. They are seeking advice and encouragement from others to help them understand and remember the necessary formulas.
BLUE_CHIP
I don't know what to do :frown:

I used to be able to do physics. I want to do it for a living. yet i just can't seem to do it any more :cry:

I can do maths and chemistry but physics seems to be beyond me :cry: :cry:

All the formulas just slip out of my head whenever i try to recall them.

Waht do i d000000000000000000000 :cry: :cry: :cry:

I have exams in about a month!

*commits harikiri* (sp?)

Chemistry news on Phys.org
Come on, you have plenty of time. The exams are only in a month, so try to understand every formula needed. Start with one that you think is important, if you do not understand why it is the way it is, just ask here on physicsforums (in general physics) and you will get lots of feedback. Then based on your understanding of the initial feedback keep asking for aditional feedback until you understand.

Exactly what gerben said, you have plenty of time to revise and I know that you've been revising hard anyway.
You really will do fine in your exams and you started revising at the right time.
Please don't worry about this too much, you really will do well, just keep revising them

1. Why is it easier for me to understand maths and chemistry but not physics?

This could be due to a variety of factors, such as having a stronger foundation in maths and chemistry, or finding the concepts in those subjects more intuitive. It could also be a matter of personal interest and learning style.

2. Can I improve my understanding of physics even if I struggle with it?

Yes, with dedication and practice, anyone can improve their understanding of physics. Consider seeking additional resources, such as tutoring or online courses, to supplement your learning. It may also be helpful to approach the subject from different angles and try different study techniques.

3. What makes physics different from maths and chemistry?

Physics is a more conceptual subject, involving the study of the natural world and its laws. It often requires a strong understanding of maths and chemistry, but also involves the application of these principles to real-world scenarios.

4. Are there any tips for understanding physics better?

Some tips for understanding physics include practicing problem-solving and critical thinking skills, breaking down complex concepts into smaller parts, and seeking out real-world examples of physics principles in action. It may also be helpful to review and reinforce foundational concepts in maths and chemistry.

5. Is it normal to struggle with physics when I excel in other subjects?

Yes, it is common for individuals to have strengths and weaknesses in different subjects. Remember that everyone learns at their own pace and in their own way, and it's important to focus on your own progress rather than comparing yourself to others.