Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I can feel my life!

1. Apr 9, 2009 #1
    I cant feel my life!

For some strange reason, Ive been thinking alot about this. Every day that passes and every thing that I do right after that I feel like I have done nothing and accomplished nothing. Its like a feeling of emptiness and this has been going on for the past few months. Its making me question things and scares me sometimes. For example If I travel to my neighboring city and comeback during the weekend I feel like it was all a haze and a blur like more of a dream than reality.And the other day i took out the trash but i have absolutely no recollection of it, i only knew i took it out cuz the trash bag wasnt in my room no more.i dont know if it can be some sort of dementia,im 22.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 9, 2009 #2

Didnt you say your one friend got grounded in another post...? What kind of 22 year old gets grounded?

4. Apr 9, 2009 #3
    I would recommend seeing a psychiatrist/psychologist.

5. Apr 9, 2009 #4
    greg is 18 or 19.But yeah they treat him like a kid.

6. Apr 9, 2009 #5
    Definitely seek medical help. Some forms of depression can make a person feel that way.

Edit: So can drug use or excessive drinking.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2009
  7. Apr 9, 2009 #6
    i dont think its depression, im almost shure its mental.I also tried to open my apartment door with the car remote on my keychain, like if it was my car.I couldnt believe i did that, it scared me.

8. Apr 9, 2009 #7
    Mmmmmmmmmm............thread locked. Member ban.

9. Apr 9, 2009 #8
    I get strange feelings of disconnection sometimes. It happened fairly often when I was around your age. Of course I could very likely be diagnosed with depression.

10. Apr 9, 2009 #9

DaveC426913

Gold Member

Pft. I do that all the time.

It's more a matter of distraction. Perhaps too many things are going on in your life.

11. Apr 9, 2009 #10
    But If I was depressed then shouldnt i feel depressed?,gloomy?,sad?...i dont really feel that.Although i do fee lonely sometimes but when i go home for the weekend or study w/ friends it goes away.

12. Apr 10, 2009 #11

DaveC426913

Gold Member

Not necessarily, no. Depression manifests in myriad ways.

13. Apr 10, 2009 #12

DaveC426913

Gold Member

Are you away at school?

14. Apr 10, 2009 #13
    See a general practitioner. They can do some basic tests and bloodwork which will give them some idea if it's physical, like some kind of organ not working right or blood circulation problem, etc. They will also be able to determine if you might need to see a neurologist.

15. Apr 10, 2009 #14
    Yea, i study an hour and a half away from home.Maybe i should get a room mate next semester since i live alone.But i still dont think its depression.How possible is it to develop some sort of dementia at 22?

16. Apr 10, 2009 #15
    Ive had this feeling for awhile now that if i get a cat scan there'd be something wrong,im almost certain of it.

17. Apr 10, 2009 #16
    Which they can then treat, if that's true. Still, it might be something completely different, like a heart problem that is making you light headed all the time.

Best to see a doc and go from there. Avoiding bad news won't make it better.

18. Apr 10, 2009 #17
    I can feel my toes. They feel great! *wiggle* *wiggle*

19. Apr 10, 2009 #18
    Hoooooooommmmmmmm eeeeeee oooooommmmmmmmm eeeee ruuuuuuuu duuuuuuuuu kuu kuu kuu kuu..... I'm just stating the obvious folks. (BTW, those were tibet monk chanting sound effects).

Last edited: Apr 10, 2009
  20. Apr 10, 2009 #19
    Perhaps you are depressed, or merely disillusioned. IIRC worrying about having health problems (which you indicate a few times) is one symptom of depression. You could see a psychiatrist if you want. Or you may not need to. I really can't say.

21. Apr 10, 2009 #20

DaveC426913

Gold Member

You should see your family doctor. He will determine if you should see a shrink or get a cat scan.

Seriously, that's what they're there for.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook