I cannot solve this question.

• Thread starter Hierophant
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation was about factoring the expression 4a^2c^2 - (a^2 - b^2 +c^2)^2 and the person requesting step-by-step help with the process. However, they were reminded of the forum rules and the thread was locked.
Hierophant
4a^2c^2 - (a^2 - b^2 +c^2)^2

Factor this completely

My attempt is to expand then foil the right side of the equation, then I'm stuck. For whatever reason, I haven't been able to concentrate on this question. I just am missing a fact or two. I would like it if you could show me step by step the process which you solve it.

I am about to flap my hands around and run in circles I am so frustrated with this. lol.

Thank you.

Physics news on Phys.org
1) Read the forum rules
2) Use the template for homework problems
3) Show your work

phinds said:
1) Read the forum rules
2) Use the template for homework problems
3) Show your work

Noted and handled.

Hierophant said:
I would like it if you could show me step by step the process which you solve it.

Wrong place to ask that.

Why are you expanding when you're trying to factor?

Hierophant said:
I would like it if you could show me step by step the process which you solve it.
That's not how things work here at Physics Forums. In the PM I sent you, there's a link to the rules. Take a look at them, especially the section on Homework Help.

I am locking this thread.

What should I do if I cannot solve a question?

If you are struggling with a question, it is important to not get discouraged. Take a break, clear your mind, and come back to the question with a fresh perspective. You can also try breaking the question down into smaller parts or seeking help from a classmate or teacher.

Why am I having trouble solving this question?

There could be a variety of reasons why you are having trouble solving a question. It could be that you are missing some key information or that the question requires a concept or skill that you are not familiar with. Take a step back and try to identify what specifically is causing you trouble.

Is it okay to ask for help when I cannot solve a question?

Yes, it is absolutely okay to ask for help when you are struggling with a question. In fact, seeking help is a great way to learn and improve your problem-solving skills. Just be sure to ask for guidance and not for someone to simply give you the answer.

How can I improve my problem-solving skills?

Problem-solving is a skill that takes practice to develop. A few tips for improving your problem-solving skills include breaking down complex problems into smaller parts, considering multiple approaches, and seeking out additional resources or guidance when needed.

What should I do if I still cannot solve the question after trying multiple times?

If you have given the question your best effort and still cannot solve it, it may be time to seek help from a teacher or tutor. They can provide you with additional guidance and resources to help you understand and solve the question.