Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I can't believe how late it is

1. Dec 18, 2004 #1
    I just slept for 14 hours straight. I haven't done that in years. I had been getting by on about 4 or5 hours a night for the last couple of weeks, but 14 is a bit ridiculous wouldn't you say?

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 18, 2004 #2

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Yeah, geez, and I thought it was bad that I slept until noon! That was, hmm, well, probably 9 hours. :biggrin: It's disorienting when you sleep that much; weird to nearly miss the whole day, isn't it?

4. Dec 18, 2004 #3
    Dreaming of you makes a body not want to wake.

5. Dec 18, 2004 #4

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

And lying next to me makes a body not want to sleep. A bit of a conundrum you have there. :biggrin:

6. Dec 18, 2004 #5
    conundrum is such a cool word. I might actually go out into the real world for a couple hours and see if I can use it in a sentence a couple of times.

7. Dec 18, 2004 #6

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

LOL! I was very pleased to have an opportunity to use it myself. Sort of rolls off the tongue quite nicely.

8. Dec 18, 2004 #7
    one thing about sleeping 14 hours straight, my breath is killing me. wow, I gotta go brush me teeth.

9. Dec 18, 2004 #8

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:yuck: Too much information!

10. Dec 18, 2004 #9
    no, I'm being serious, smell your monitor, I'll breathe on mine..hhhhhhaaaaaaaaa...horrible isn't it.

11. Dec 18, 2004 #10
    did your eyes water?

12. Dec 18, 2004 #11

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

[cough] [gasp] Why do I listen to you? :yuck: :yuck: :yuck:

13. Dec 18, 2004 #12
    I'm going back to bed. Just got up and flipped on the light and the light bulb blew.

14. Dec 18, 2004 #13

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I bet even the college students here can't manage to be that much of a slug! Wow, sleep 14 hours, then go back to bed because it's too much trouble to change a light bulb.

I'm trying to remember if it was a Dilbert cartoon that said something like, "The only cure for sleeping too much is to go back to bed."

15. Dec 18, 2004 #14

JasonRox

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

I was working midnights during the summer, and sometimes you would only get like 5 hours sleep in 3 days for some unknown reason. After that you go to bed, you wake up not knowing what day it is or if its 2 in the morning or afternoon. Good god, night shifts mess you up!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?