I can't believe how late it is

• Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date
I just slept for 14 hours straight. I haven't done that in years. I had been getting by on about 4 or5 hours a night for the last couple of weeks, but 14 is a bit ridiculous wouldn't you say?

Answers and Replies

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Yeah, geez, and I thought it was bad that I slept until noon! That was, hmm, well, probably 9 hours. :biggrin: It's disorienting when you sleep that much; weird to nearly miss the whole day, isn't it?

Dreaming of you makes a body not want to wake.

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
tribdog said:
Dreaming of you makes a body not want to wake.
And lying next to me makes a body not want to sleep. A bit of a conundrum you have there. :biggrin:

conundrum is such a cool word. I might actually go out into the real world for a couple hours and see if I can use it in a sentence a couple of times.

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
LOL! I was very pleased to have an opportunity to use it myself. Sort of rolls off the tongue quite nicely.

one thing about sleeping 14 hours straight, my breath is killing me. wow, I gotta go brush me teeth.

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
:yuck: Too much information!

no, I'm being serious, smell your monitor, I'll breathe on mine..hhhhhhaaaaaaaaa...horrible isn't it.

did your eyes water?

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
[cough] [gasp] Why do I listen to you? :yuck: :yuck: :yuck:

I'm going back to bed. Just got up and flipped on the light and the light bulb blew.

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I bet even the college students here can't manage to be that much of a slug! Wow, sleep 14 hours, then go back to bed because it's too much trouble to change a light bulb.

I'm trying to remember if it was a Dilbert cartoon that said something like, "The only cure for sleeping too much is to go back to bed."

JasonRox
Homework Helper
Gold Member
I was working midnights during the summer, and sometimes you would only get like 5 hours sleep in 3 days for some unknown reason. After that you go to bed, you wake up not knowing what day it is or if its 2 in the morning or afternoon. Good god, night shifts mess you up!