1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I can't believe how late it is

1. Dec 18, 2004 #1
    I just slept for 14 hours straight. I haven't done that in years. I had been getting by on about 4 or5 hours a night for the last couple of weeks, but 14 is a bit ridiculous wouldn't you say?

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 18, 2004 #2

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Yeah, geez, and I thought it was bad that I slept until noon! That was, hmm, well, probably 9 hours. :biggrin: It's disorienting when you sleep that much; weird to nearly miss the whole day, isn't it?

4. Dec 18, 2004 #3
    Dreaming of you makes a body not want to wake.

5. Dec 18, 2004 #4

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

And lying next to me makes a body not want to sleep. A bit of a conundrum you have there. :biggrin:

6. Dec 18, 2004 #5
    conundrum is such a cool word. I might actually go out into the real world for a couple hours and see if I can use it in a sentence a couple of times.

7. Dec 18, 2004 #6

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

LOL! I was very pleased to have an opportunity to use it myself. Sort of rolls off the tongue quite nicely.

8. Dec 18, 2004 #7
    one thing about sleeping 14 hours straight, my breath is killing me. wow, I gotta go brush me teeth.

9. Dec 18, 2004 #8

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:yuck: Too much information!

10. Dec 18, 2004 #9
    no, I'm being serious, smell your monitor, I'll breathe on mine..hhhhhhaaaaaaaaa...horrible isn't it.

11. Dec 18, 2004 #10
    did your eyes water?

12. Dec 18, 2004 #11

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

[cough] [gasp] Why do I listen to you? :yuck: :yuck: :yuck:

13. Dec 18, 2004 #12
    I'm going back to bed. Just got up and flipped on the light and the light bulb blew.

14. Dec 18, 2004 #13

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I bet even the college students here can't manage to be that much of a slug! Wow, sleep 14 hours, then go back to bed because it's too much trouble to change a light bulb.

I'm trying to remember if it was a Dilbert cartoon that said something like, "The only cure for sleeping too much is to go back to bed."

15. Dec 18, 2004 #14

JasonRox

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

I was working midnights during the summer, and sometimes you would only get like 5 hours sleep in 3 days for some unknown reason. After that you go to bed, you wake up not knowing what day it is or if its 2 in the morning or afternoon. Good god, night shifts mess you up!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?