I bought a 74hc595 shift register.
The 1st output and 2nd output won't change. They turn on two diodes and none of them will turn off. How do you get the 1st output
To output a zero? I have studied the
Datasheet doesn't help.
I connect output q0 and output q1 to
Leds. I connect ser input to negative
Terminal. G input to negative terminal.
I connect sclr input to positive terminal
To pulse high. I briefly connect sck input to positive terminal to pulse high.
Once you have loaded bits into the shift register (the first column of flip-flops on pg.2 of the data sheet) with SCLK, you must then transfer those bits to the second column of flip-flops by toggling the RCK input, pin 12.
The reason for the second column of flip-flops is to keep the output data constant while shifting in new data. The RCK loads the data from the first column into the latches of the second column.
We Value Quality
• Topics based on mainstream science
• Proper English grammar and spelling We Value Civility
• Positive and compassionate attitudes
• Patience while debating We Value Productivity
• Disciplined to remain on-topic
• Recognition of own weaknesses
• Solo and co-op problem solving