I can't get the actionscript working

• Thread starter JamesU
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about troubleshooting issues with using KoolMoviesm and getting the actionscript to work properly. The user is having trouble with a button that is supposed to go to the next frame, but instead the movie immediately goes to the next frame. Suggestions are made to try pausing the frame with the button and to find tutorials for using KoolMoviesm or Flash. The conversation ends with the user figuring out how to solve the problem.
JamesU
Gold Member
I'm using KoolMoviesm and I can't get the actionscript working. I want a button that when pressed, goes to the next frame. instead, I have a frame with a button, and then it immediately goes to the next frame. is there anything wrong with my script

Code:
 on(release)
{
nextFrame();
}

Computer science news on Phys.org
Have you tried pausing the frame that has the button on it?

I added an action that was supposed to stop the movie, but it just went on to the next frame

Well, first figure out how to pause (stop) the move on the desired frame, and then it will be easier (1 step at a time) :smile: I am not sure how koolmoviesm works personally, but there should be tutorials for it somewhere. Also, do you not like flash? There are a ton of resources on how to use flash.

okay, I got it now.

1. Why is my actionscript not working?

There could be several reasons why your actionscript is not working. Some common reasons include syntax errors, conflicting code, or incorrect use of variables or functions. Double check your code for any mistakes and make sure all elements are properly defined and referenced.

2. How can I debug my actionscript?

To debug your actionscript, you can use the debugging tools provided in the development environment you are using. This can help you identify any errors or issues in your code. You can also use trace statements to print out values and see the flow of your code.

3. Can I use external libraries with my actionscript?

Yes, you can use external libraries with your actionscript. Make sure to properly import the library and any necessary dependencies, and then you can use the library's functions and classes in your code.

4. How can I learn more about actionscript?

You can learn more about actionscript by reading documentation and tutorials, practicing coding, and seeking help from experienced developers. There are also many online resources and forums where you can ask questions and learn from others.

5. Can I use actionscript for web development?

Yes, you can use actionscript for web development. It is often used for creating interactive and animated elements on websites. However, it is not as widely used as other web development languages such as HTML, CSS, and JavaScript.