Can You Spot the Hidden Image?

• Thread starter larkspur
  • Start date
  • Tags
In summary, the image includes a chimpanzie with a white beard, and when it is turned upside down, his nose becomes the brainstem.
larkspur
Here is an optical illusion that was sent to me in an email. I don't get it. What do you see?

http://home.comcast.net/~larkspur2020/illusion.GIF

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
It is somebody getting his brain washed.

arildno said:
It is somebody getting his brain washed.
That is what I see too. Is that all that is there? It doesn't seem like much of an illusion to me.

All the rest of the illusions in the email had two different views. For example:
http://home.comcast.net/~larkspur2020/illusion2.jpg

Here is another one with two views:
http://home.comcast.net/~larkspur2020/illusion3.gif

larkspur said:
That is what I see too. Is that all that is there? It doesn't seem like much of an illusion to me.
That's all I see too. I tried squinting and changing my distance from the screen, but I don't see any other views. :confused:

I don't see anyhting either.

Now THESE are optical illusions!

veryodd1kb.jpg

try to count the black dots

blackdots4mi.gif

I tried reflecting it, since the bottom half looks blank, nothing

Umm evo, there are no black dots?

Evo said:
I don't see anyhting either.

Now THESE are optical illusions!

veryodd1kb.jpg

try to count the black dots

blackdots4mi.gif

Hmm that top one looks like the MRI of my brain before I had my personality transplant.

Is it not just that the top of the guys head appears not to fit if you were to put it back to its rightful place?

I think you're supposed to turn it upside-down but I'm still not seeing anything

Yeah I treid that looks a bit like a pig but I'm not sure what all the hands are upto?

AHHH! I can't see any images on PF

NVM...

The guy's nose and the hands seem to align perfectly when the image is rotated 180 degrees:

http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/8743/i7sq.gif

mmmmmm yeahhhhhh.....no. Thats just wrong anti-pengwuino.

this is what happens when I have nothing to do...

Oh, but when you flip it over, his nose looks more like toes. Maybe there's something to that. His nose and ears are so strangely drawn, that they have to be part of it. But, an optical illusion shouldn't be so difficult to see!

If it was meant to be an optical illusion, it has to be a mighty ingenious one, and if it was supposed to be a comic it is a mighty poor one.

yomamma said:
I think you're supposed to turn it upside-down but I'm still not seeing anything
I dah taht emas melborp. I dah ot gulper ni eht elbac retfa gninrut eht rotinom edispu nwod. s'ti llits ton ysae gnipyt, hguoht, neve htiw eht rotinom deggulp ni.

BobG said:
I dah taht emas melborp. I dah ot gulper ni eht elbac retfa gninrut eht rotinom edispu nwod. s'ti llits ton ysae gnipyt, hguoht, neve htiw eht rotinom deggulp ni.
:rofl: Uoy llet mih!

Okay, that took way too much work to find...if you put the images together with the bottoms touching, you get another brain being washed.

I rotated the whole thing and added some color to help you focus in on it. The nose becomes the brainstem, the ears the optic chiasm, the hair and brain the cortex. But it's a real stretch to see it.

Attachments

• brainwashed.jpg
    brainwashed.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 399
Um...no. That does not look right at all. Sorry.

Moonbear said:
Okay, that took way too much work to find...if you put the images together with the bottoms touching, you get another brain being washed.

I rotated the whole thing and added some color to help you focus in on it. The nose becomes the brainstem, the ears the optic chiasm, the hair and brain the cortex. But it's a real stretch to see it.
I see a chimpanzie with a white beard...I think...maybe...

I think its just a really poor drawing and at this point we should stop wasting our time trying to see things that its not.

The picture sucks, period.

You will all stop wasting time on this picture...you will all stop wasting time on this picture....http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/upfiles/smiley/spinnyeyes.gif

veryodd1kb.jpg

cyrusabdollahi said:
I think its just a really poor drawing and at this point we should stop wasting our time trying to see things that its not.

You will all stop wasting time on this picture...you will all stop wasting time on this picture....http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/upfiles/smiley/spinnyeyes.gif

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

cyrusabdollahi said:

I agree. It was truly a stretch to find another brain, and that nose still looks like toes to me more than anything else. Maybe we've just all been brainwashed into thinking there's an illusion in it. :uhh:

Moonbear said:
It was truly a stretch to find another brain
You have way too much free time.

1. What is "Can You Spot the Hidden Image?"

"Can You Spot the Hidden Image?" is a popular game or puzzle where a seemingly normal image contains a hidden object or pattern that must be found by the viewer.

2. How does "Can You Spot the Hidden Image?" work?

The hidden image or pattern is usually concealed within the main image through clever use of colors, shapes, or other visual elements. Viewers must use their observational skills and attention to detail to uncover the hidden object or pattern.

3. Who can play "Can You Spot the Hidden Image?"

Anyone can play "Can You Spot the Hidden Image?" regardless of age or skill level. It is a fun and challenging activity that can be enjoyed by individuals or groups.

4. Are there any benefits to playing "Can You Spot the Hidden Image?"

Yes, playing "Can You Spot the Hidden Image?" can improve visual perception, attention to detail, and problem-solving skills. It can also be a fun way to pass the time and exercise the brain.

5. Can "Can You Spot the Hidden Image?" be used for educational purposes?

Yes, "Can You Spot the Hidden Image?" can be used as a teaching tool in subjects such as art, science, and psychology. It can also be used to improve visual perception skills in individuals with certain learning disabilities.