Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I can't see the light

1. Jan 27, 2010 #1
    I can't see the light!!!

Hi guys I am a year 1 physics student and i just started my 2nd semester. Well things are getting pretty tough now but a the same time getting more interesting :biggrin: I have decided to major in applied physics since I don't think I will become a professor if I go in theoretical physics. I am gonna minor in math but I have no idea what elective I should choose to enhance my future job prospect. If I were to study applied physics, what exactly can i do after i graduate? Hope you guys can give me some advice. o:)

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 27, 2010 #2
    Re: I can't see the light!!!

The American Physical Society has an area of its websites for students (or perspective students) about such things... it's a good place to start:
    http://www.aps.org/careers/student/index.cfm" [Broken]

While I myself am now teach at the college level, before this I taught high school and was a research engineer for the US Air Force (developing laser systems for sensing applications).

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook