Understanding Equations: A Guide for Beginners

In summary, understanding certain facts can be difficult due to the need for prior knowledge, critical thinking skills, and the ability to process information. To better comprehend facts, one can engage in active listening, ask questions, seek clarifications, and do research while remaining open-minded. Facts can be verified through reputable sources and by critically evaluating the information. People may reject facts due to cognitive dissonance, emotional attachments, personal biases, or misinformation. Facts can also change over time as new evidence and information emerge.
funlord
I can's understand the fact about the equation

i can't prove the equation from the first attachment to the second attachment pls help.

Sorry for bad english

Attachments

• IMG_20160618_100935.jpg
    IMG_20160618_100935.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 443
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 444
Physics news on Phys.org
The second last formula is ##\frac{dx}{dy}\frac d{dx}\left(\frac{dy}{dx}\right)^{-1}##.
If we write ##y'## for ##\frac{dy}{dx}## then that is
$$\frac1{y'}\frac d{dx}\left(\frac 1{y'}\right)$$
What happens when you perform the differentiation?

Likes funlord
Thank you very much, I can understand now why it has a negative sign

1. Why is it difficult to understand certain facts?

Understanding facts requires prior knowledge, critical thinking skills, and the ability to process information. Some facts may also be complex or abstract, making them more challenging to comprehend.

2. What can I do to better understand facts?

To better understand facts, you can engage in active listening, ask questions, seek clarifications, and do research. It's also essential to approach new information with an open mind and be willing to consider different perspectives.

3. How can I determine if a fact is true or false?

Facts can be verified through reputable sources, such as scientific studies, experts in the field, and reliable data. It's also crucial to critically evaluate the source of the information and consider any potential biases.

4. Why do people sometimes reject facts?

People may reject facts due to cognitive dissonance, which is when new information contradicts their existing beliefs. Other reasons may include emotional attachments, personal biases, or misinformation from unreliable sources.

5. Can facts change over time?

Yes, facts can change over time as new evidence and information emerge. Scientific discoveries, advancements in technology, and societal changes can also lead to a shift in our understanding of certain facts.