Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I challenge you

1. Dec 30, 2016 #1

Tsu

Gold Member

It's going to be pretty darn cold in the Pacific Northwest this coming week, so today I went through my closet and drawers and collected several bags of warm clothes together and will take them to my nearest homeless shelter tomorrow. I challenge you to do the same. You can post it here or keep it to yourself. Your choice. :-)

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 31, 2016 #2
  4. Dec 31, 2016 #3

Tsu

Gold Member

I stopped giving to organizations that turn around and sell the stuff I give. And I don't like my employer to push me to give to the United Way either. The do this every year and I hate it! :oldgrumpy: I give to my local homeless shelters and soup kitchen. I also give to FISH which uses volunteers to do their work. I have also done some volunteer work with them and with my local soup kitchen.

5. Dec 31, 2016 #4

Maylis

Gold Member

I donated some clothes in one of those places in the parking lot where you can put clothes in the box. Also will work at the soup kitchen this weekend

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted