I completed the level unscathed

• Thread starter klusener
  • Start date
In summary: You seem to be one confused person. Religion is about what you believe, not something to do because of one flippant moment.
klusener
I am a hindu, but today I was playing a shoot-em game, it was the last two stages of a level and I had no life left and it was a really really really hard level, I mean there are tons of enemies everywhere shooting at you the same time. At the same time I was listening to a new Indian cd, which has a song about Allah, because the singer is Muslim. So almost as a joke, I thought to myself that if I escaped the two stages of the level without getting shot once, because I had no life left, I would become a muslim. Remember I thought this as a joke, since there was no realistic possiblity, but a few minutes later, I completed the level unscathed!

I have no clue how it happened, but now I don't know what to do, is it just coincidence or do I have to stick to my word? I am freaking confused, this wasn't supposed to happen... :confused:

Physics news on Phys.org
This is what happens when you take your video games too seriously. :smile:

Isn't this a personal decision? Are you asking people what religion you should follow?

To make such important decisions based on a video game seems irresponsible to me, as does making serious promises that you do not intend to keep. Don't make another irresponsible decision by acting on the last few. If you are interested in the muslim faith then study it and compare it with what you believe. Then make a responsible decision based on your beliefs and not coincidences.

nah, I am not asking people what religion to follow, but I am asking should i keep my word or not.. but I probably won't, since such a serious matter shouldn't be determined based on video games.. but it's still amazing to me.. but I did lose the game in the end, so maybe it's the hindu gods telling me not to switch :biggrin: just joking..

I probably won't switch, because maybe it's like the placebo effect, I think to myself that someone is behind me, a higher power, that is pushing me forward so there is no chance I can lose, so I play the best I have the whole game, when it's over, I go back to my old sucky ways...

... its really just a game. Maybe you got lucky. Have you ever played a game where you went through a level or 2 untouched?

Nope you have to switch, you said so. Remember that guy from the UK who said that if Wales won a soccer game against England(?), then he would chop off his testicles and carry them into the bar? Well he is a man of his word, and so must you be. :tongue2:

If I were a religious man, I'd definitely take that as a sign.

Besides, if you convert to Islam, and Hinduism turns out to be the truth, what's the worst thing that could happen anyway; you get reincarnated as a duck or something?

naaa you never half to keep your word to a vidio game

klusener said:
I am a hindu, but today I was playing a shoot-em game, it was the last two stages of a level and I had no life left and it was a really really really hard level, I mean there are tons of enemies everywhere shooting at you the same time. At the same time I was listening to a new Indian cd, which has a song about Allah, because the singer is Muslim. So almost as a joke, I thought to myself that if I escaped the two stages of the level without getting shot once, because I had no life left, I would become a muslim. Remember I thought this as a joke, since there was no realistic possiblity, but a few minutes later, I completed the level unscathed!

I have no clue how it happened, but now I don't know what to do, is it just coincidence or do I have to stick to my word? I am freaking confused, this wasn't supposed to happen... :confused:

You seem to be one confused person. Religion is about what you believe, not something to do because of one flippant moment.
Question. If you believe in the hindu prophesies so much, how would you be able to persuade yourself about the truth of Islamist religion?

Dude, you have to become a muslim. What's the matter with you? You said you'd do it so god damnit you do it! I will have 0 respect for you if you go back on your word now man, Video Games never lie.

Go stand in front of a car on the interstate and let it hit you at 100km/h.. Pray to Allah and if you live, then convert :)

I am a scientific person ;), maybe a test subject would be nice before I do it, would you like to volunteer?

I'd say that if there is an Allah that he would probably be offended at the idea that you converted in such a fashion.

klusener said:
So almost as a joke, I thought to myself that if I escaped the two stages of the level without getting shot once, because I had no life left, I would become a muslim.
First off, you said that you thought it to yourself, not that you promised it to anyone else. Therefore, no conflict other than whether or not you want to do it.
Secondly, these other guys (Smurf doesn't count 'cause he wears a dress) are absolutley correct that nothing of such a trivial nature should have anything to do with a choice of religion. Whatever feels right to you is what you should go with. If you can gain extensive knowledge of several, it will broaden your informed options, but the choice is yours alone. Speaking as a semi-militant atheist, I couldn't possibly entertain one that involves any sort of supreme being, but I totally respect your decision if you do. If you have a regular clergyman (sorry, I don't know what to call one in Hinduism), maybe you should talk to him about it. It makes a big difference if you joined this faith on your own or if you were simply brought up in it. Good luck with your decision.

1. What does it mean to complete a level unscathed?

Completing a level unscathed means that the person or character has successfully completed the level without receiving any harm or damage.

2. Is completing a level unscathed difficult?

It depends on the level and the difficulty settings. Some levels may be easier to complete unscathed than others.

3. How does completing a level unscathed affect the overall game?

Completing a level unscathed may earn the player additional points or rewards, and it may also unlock achievements or progress in the game.

4. Are there any strategies or tips for completing a level unscathed?

Yes, some strategies may include carefully planning your movements and avoiding any potential dangers, as well as utilizing power-ups or abilities to help you navigate through the level.

5. Can completing a level unscathed have any real-world applications?

While completing a level unscathed may not have direct real-world applications, it can improve cognitive skills such as problem-solving, hand-eye coordination, and critical thinking.