Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I didn't see an intro subforum.

1. Mar 28, 2008 #1
    So I'm waving a hello to all of you here *waves*.

I'm in the Rocky Mountain region, an INTP/J, and interested in physics since an early age without knowing it.

I also love to draw and design graphics, if you're interested in looking at my gallery online just reply to this.

I'm into Computer Science too, and of course, I like math, even though I seem to understand abstract stuff much more better than the theoretical.

Oh yes, I am female, but most people think I'm male by the way I write, I find it amusing so I never prove them wrong! :D

So hello and this site is interesting, I will poke about.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 28, 2008 #2

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

Good evening, elephantorz, and welcome to PF.

You've found the lounge, more specifically GD, which is the defacto Welcome hall.

Most folks jump into one of the discussion forums or HW forums.

I'm sure you'll find PF an interesting place.

4. Mar 28, 2008 #3

5. Mar 28, 2008 #4

Danger

Gold Member

The real Rocky Mountain region, or the Yankee side? :biggrin:
    Welcome to PF.
    Pending Mentor approval, of course, you should post a link to your portfolio. I know that I'd be very interested to see it.

6. Mar 28, 2008 #5

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Lots of new members lately :smile:. Welcome elephantorz!

P.S. Mind the fish :wink:

7. Mar 28, 2008 #6
  8. Mar 28, 2008 #7

Danger

Gold Member

Wow! That's some gorgeous art you have there! (Not so sure about the puppy in a fez, though... that seems a bit weird... :biggrin:)
    Unfortunately, I got a 'page cannot be displayed' error the last time that I clicked on 'next'. :frown:

9. Mar 28, 2008 #8

Evo

Welcome to the forum elephantorz! What kind of fish do you like?

10. Mar 28, 2008 #9

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Hi elephantorz! Welcome to PF.

Your art is great!

11. Mar 29, 2008 #10
    That will be unfortunately their server's issue, just keep reloading and that should make it work eventually, thanks though :D.

I like...colorful small fish, angel fish are they? I think so, I might have drawn one digitally now that I think about it...and I like big fish, dolphins, orcas, whales, actually, now that I think about it I like a lot of fish! Haha, including jellies, and even sharks, now I'm not too fond of eating them, unless they're fresh.

Thanks for the welcomes :D.

12. Mar 29, 2008 #11

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You do realise that Dolphins and Whales are mammals? :wink:

You wouldn't want to be hit by one of those. Stick with the small ones. :smile:

13. Mar 29, 2008 #12
    Yes yes, I do, but I still like them!

14. Mar 29, 2008 #13

Evo

I see that Moonbear fishwhacked you in another thread. :approve:

15. Mar 29, 2008 #14

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Oh, but in that thread s/he requested angelfish. We haven't had anyone choose jellyfish in a long time. Those have a really satisfying *splat* to go with the thwack. :biggrin:

16. Mar 30, 2008 #15
    Hello and welcome to PF. There isn't a welcome subsection, it was decided it would be too small to swing any adequate sized fish, and besides GD is just as good.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2008
  17. Mar 30, 2008 #16
    I am ok with angelfish :P but yes I was already initiated.

Hey whatever works, this made me poke about here anyway :].

18. Mar 30, 2008 #17

jtbell

What's an INTP/J?

(added after a Google search) Looks like a classification from a Meyers-Briggs personality test. I don't know what mine is... I don't think my schools were into personality tests forty-odd years ago.

19. Mar 30, 2008 #18
    You can find your type here:

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

There are a number of free tests but I really like that one, it is recommended you take more than one though.

For a description of an intp go here:

http://typelogic.com/intp.html

Something that is true for me:
    However, I have tested both INTP and INTJ, truth is I have a higher J percentage than most INTPs I have met [supposedly Einstein was an INTP], anyway, hope that helps!

20. Mar 31, 2008 #19

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Generally, I think the Meyers-Briggs test is pretty good at describing a person's temperment. The employer I had about 20 years ago would encourage employees to take the test and share the results.

I have to admit, it did help people with different temperments get along better. A little understanding goes a long way. For example, it helps to know a person is acting a certain way because of temperment, and not because they're purposely being a jerk.

But back then I was an ENTP, now when I take the test I'm an INFJ!

21. Oct 4, 2010 #20
    I believe people can change temperament, people change, things happen to them and they can test different.

=]

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?