What is the Wells cycle and how long does it last?

In summary, a new eclipse cycle called the Wells cycle (Garrick Wells) has been discovered, with a duration of 51649 days. This cycle predicts that an eclipse will be seen from the same location 51649 days after the initial eclipse. Evidence of this cycle has been found on the NASA Phases-of-the-Moon website, with a series lasting 17 centuries with only one failure. This may be related to the Saros cycle and Poincaré's recurrence theorem. Further discussion on a thirteen-month calendar also supports the figure of 51649 days as a natural cycle.
Helios
I discovered an eclipse cycle. It will be called the Wells cycle ( Garrick Wells ). It is simply a cycle of 51649 days. I believe that if you see an eclipse, then 51649 days later, another will likely be seen from your same location. I've have indeed found an example of this while probing the NASA Phases-of-the-Moon web site. The series lasted seventeen centuries, with just one fail. Should someone offer some explanation, I'd love to hear it.

Astronomy news on Phys.org
I found a discussion of thirteen-month calandars in which the figure in the OP falls naturally out of the conversation:

The total number of days is 2,014,311 = 3 * (13^2) * 29 * 137.
So not only is the number (39) of 1749-month cycles is divisible by 13,
but the number of days (51649) in each 1749-month cycle.
Each 1749-month cycle
= 107 yerms
= 1749 months
= 3979 trecena
= 32 drifts over 29-day cycle
= 51649 days
= 2 yerm eras

http://www.nabble.com/Re:-5515-Year-Luni-Solar-Cycle-p20917812.html

1. What is an eclipse cycle?

An eclipse cycle is a pattern of recurring solar and lunar eclipses that occur over a period of time. It is caused by the alignment of the Earth, Moon, and Sun in a specific way that results in shadows being cast on one another.

2. How long does an eclipse cycle last?

The length of an eclipse cycle can vary, but on average it lasts about 18 years and 11 days. This is known as the Saros cycle and it is the time it takes for the Sun, Earth, and Moon to return to the same relative positions in the sky.

3. How do scientists discover an eclipse cycle?

Scientists use mathematical calculations and astronomical observations to determine the patterns and timing of eclipses. They study the movements of the Earth, Moon, and Sun to identify recurring patterns and cycles.

4. Why is it important to study eclipse cycles?

Studying eclipse cycles can provide valuable information about the motion and interactions of celestial bodies. It can also help predict future eclipses and understand the effects of eclipses on Earth's climate and ecosystems.

5. Are there different types of eclipse cycles?

Yes, there are different types of eclipse cycles, such as the Saros cycle, the Metonic cycle, and the Inex cycle. Each cycle has a different duration and pattern of eclipses. Scientists continue to study and discover new eclipse cycles.