Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I don't care if its cheap, its not worth the pain.

1. Oct 12, 2008 #1
    I tried going on a three day ramen diet to save money. Its not working though. for one, I'm hungry every hour and have to eat another bowl full. for two, I'm going to the bathroom about twice an hour. for three, my butt is so raw and painful now. I swear I saw blood. I'm going to go get a hamburger.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 12, 2008 #2

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

Give yourself a few months for your body to become acclimated to it. You'll be fine, I promise.

4. Oct 12, 2008 #3
    Are you buying actual ramen noodles or those flavored bowls?

5. Oct 12, 2008 #4

JasonRox

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

That's disgusting!

6. Oct 12, 2008 #5
    An all ramen diet is not a good idea. Ramen is incredibly bad for you and has little to no nutritional value. You can still eat healthy while on a budget. Buy things in bulk, buy things on sale, put yourself on a diet. I only eat about 1200-1500 calories a day and I have a hard time not getting fat.

Pasta, beans, sandwiches, and oatmeal are all foods that are cheap and when bought in bulk are just as cheap as ramen but have a lot of the vitamins and minerals that you need.

7. Oct 12, 2008 #6

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I'm not sure why it should be making you go to the bathroom that frequently. It's just noodles and salt. Not at all nutritious, but it should be fairly benign on the stomach.

8. Oct 12, 2008 #7
    I am living on 1 pepperoni slice (lunch), milk, lucky charms, choclates/chips, coffee, and ramen (dinner).

9. Oct 12, 2008 #8
    I also agree with this.

10. Oct 12, 2008 #9
    Those things are basically salt, water, and some cheap version of aero-gel that is shaped like noodles. You will DIE on that diet, I promise. No nutritional value.

11. Oct 12, 2008 #10

Mk

@ Moonbear and tribdog

It makes me go to the bathroom when I eat a lot of it at a time too. I'm not sure why.

12. Oct 12, 2008 #11

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2014
  13. Oct 12, 2008 #12
    Ok, that was good. :rofl:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2014
  14. Oct 12, 2008 #13

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

edward, that's hysterical!

15. Oct 12, 2008 #14
  16. Oct 12, 2008 #15
    Do you say it.... Ray-men or Raw-men?

17. Oct 12, 2008 #16
    raw-men.

18. Oct 12, 2008 #17
    Have you tried the basic sugar-salt-spice in a fat matrix diet? It has all the major food groups and none of the roughage. (It's served me better than the coffee, cigarettes and an occasional donut diet.)

19. Oct 12, 2008 #18
    I say it ray-men. Could be the little southerness coming out in me there....

20. Oct 12, 2008 #19
  21. Oct 13, 2008 #20
    Listen to the video that I linked on youtube. The Japanese guy says RRRaaah-men. With a trilled R.

Go to time: 58 sec

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?