Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I don't get Santa.

1. Dec 2, 2005 #1
    Why do kids get so excited about some fat old guy emptying his sack in their stockings?

Confusing holidays, glad I switched to Flying Spaghetti Monster-ism.

Come join us. >_>

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 2, 2005 #2
    Your not gonna get anything form Santa...unless you change your tune!

4. Dec 2, 2005 #3

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

So I can get spaghetti and meatballs in my stocking?? Hell, no!

5. Dec 2, 2005 #4
    Why not,his already smell like Parmesean.

6. Dec 2, 2005 #5

BobG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Well, now we all know what your Christmas list looks like:

7. Dec 2, 2005 #6

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

Try a bear trap with a plate of cookies and a glass of milk in the middle...

8. Dec 2, 2005 #7
    I think kids like some old fat guy delivering persents then some weird flying spaghetti monster giving them spaghetti and meatballs.

9. Dec 2, 2005 #8
    After seeing this, I can't resist:
    [​IMG]

10. Dec 2, 2005 #9
    Santa was invented by Coca Cola anyways.

11. Dec 3, 2005 #10

Mk

Sinterklaus was actually a bearded women in a Nederlands carnival freakshow. Coca Cola company saw her, shaved her, dressed her up, and said drinkers would get little surprises, and Pepsi drinkers wouldn't. However she had five o'clock shadow...

12. Dec 3, 2005 #11

SpaceTiger

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Interesting historical falsoid:

Santa was originally invented to scare kids into being good while they were cooped up in the house during the winter months. Santa's obesity was actually his weapon, since parents would tell their kids, "You better be good or else Santa's gonna come and sit on you." Desperate to fix his child's behavioral problems, one overzealous parent actually donned a santa costume and acted this out on his son. Unfortunately, the parent was quite ill at the time, suffering from frequent diarrhea, and the routine didn't go exactly as planned. One of their neighbors, who happened upon the pair mid-straddle, exclaimed to the boy, "Uh oh, it looks like Santa left you a present!" The rest is, as they say, history.

13. Dec 3, 2005 #12
    I must say, that gave me quite a disturbing mental image...

14. Dec 3, 2005 #13

matthyaouw

Gold Member

Woo, unsubstanciated urban myth!

15. Dec 3, 2005 #14

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:yuck: :rofl: :yuck: :rofl: I see you're starting the campaign early for next year's funniest member award! :rofl: That's just...just...so disturbing. :bugeye: :yuck:

16. Dec 3, 2005 #15

SpaceTiger

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Yeah, at 3 AM, my mind starts to go. By 4 AM, I've usually concocted a plan to market a cancer-causing food product solely on its carcinogenic properties. Come 5 AM, if I'm not already asleep, the neighbors usually have to get out their cardboard mock-up of Frodo Baggins to lure me into a holding pen down the street.

Last night was a Frodo night.

17. Dec 3, 2005 #16

Danger

Gold Member

I think that there should be a webcam in that pen. We could sell you to the comedy channel. (Or Ripley's...)

18. Dec 3, 2005 #17

SpaceTiger

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Or the playboy ch....er, yeah, what you said.

19. Dec 3, 2005 #18
    Someone should start a reilgon where it belvies that the unvirse was created when god sneezed and got snot all over his face and then the unvirse will be destroyed when, god realizes that it's weird to have people that live on your face,he go get's a tissue and they belive that the executives who manunfacture tissue and toilet paper or evil.:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

20. Dec 3, 2005 #19

honestrosewater

Gold Member

Well, you guys had better decide soon. I already have 68 subscribers on the waiting list, and they're getting restless...

21. Dec 3, 2005 #20

Danger

Gold Member

68, huh? And just how do you explain that they all have the same address? Something about a willow...

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?