Questioning Santa: Kids' Excitement Explained

• Thread starter Blahness
  • Start date
In summary, some kids are excited about a fat old guy emptying his sack in their stockings because it's a Christmas present, and it's confusing because it's not clear what the gift is.
Blahness
Why do kids get so excited about some fat old guy emptying his sack in their stockings?

Confusing holidays, glad I switched to "www.venganza.org"[/URL]

Come join us. >_>

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Your not going to get anything form Santa...unless you change your tune!

Blahness said:
Why do kids get so excited about some fat old guy emptying his sack in their stockings?
Come join us. >_>[/QUOTE]
So I can get spaghetti and meatballs in my stocking?? Hell, no!

Math Is Hard said:
So I can get spaghetti and meatballs in my stocking?? Hell, no!
Why not,his already smell like Parmesean.

Blahness said:
Come join us. >_>[/QUOTE]
Well, now we all know what your Christmas list looks like:

[quote]I broke my bat on Johnny's head;
Somebody snitched on me.
I hid a frog in sister's bed;
Somebody snitched on me.
I spilled some ink on Mommy's rug;
I made Tommy eat a bug;
Bought some gum with a penny slug;
Somebody snitched on me.

Oh, I'm gettin' nuttin' for Christmas
Mommy and Daddy are mad.
I'm gettin' nuttin' for Christmas
'Cause I ain't been nuttin' but bad.
[/quote]

Blahness said:
I don't get Santa.
Try a bear trap with a plate of cookies and a glass of milk in the middle...

I think kids like some old fat guy delivering persents then some weird flying spaghetti monster giving them spaghetti and meatballs.

Blahness said:
Come join us. >_>
After seeing this, I can't resist:
him2.jpg

Santa was invented by Coca Cola anyways.

Sinterklaus was actually a bearded women in a Nederlands carnival freakshow. Coca Cola company saw her, shaved her, dressed her up, and said drinkers would get little surprises, and Pepsi drinkers wouldn't. However she had five o'clock shadow...

Interesting historical falsoid:

Santa was originally invented to scare kids into being good while they were cooped up in the house during the winter months. Santa's obesity was actually his weapon, since parents would tell their kids, "You better be good or else Santa's going to come and sit on you." Desperate to fix his child's behavioral problems, one overzealous parent actually donned a santa costume and acted this out on his son. Unfortunately, the parent was quite ill at the time, suffering from frequent diarrhea, and the routine didn't go exactly as planned. One of their neighbors, who happened upon the pair mid-straddle, exclaimed to the boy, "Uh oh, it looks like Santa left you a present!" The rest is, as they say, history.

I must say, that gave me quite a disturbing mental image...

Smurf said:
Santa was invented by Coca Cola anyways.

Woo, unsubstanciated urban myth!

SpaceTiger said:
Interesting historical falsoid:
Santa was originally invented to scare kids into being good while they were cooped up in the house during the winter months. Santa's obesity was actually his weapon, since parents would tell their kids, "You better be good or else Santa's going to come and sit on you." Desperate to fix his child's behavioral problems, one overzealous parent actually donned a santa costume and acted this out on his son. Unfortunately, the parent was quite ill at the time, suffering from frequent diarrhea, and the routine didn't go exactly as planned. One of their neighbors, who happened upon the pair mid-straddle, exclaimed to the boy, "Uh oh, it looks like Santa left you a present!" The rest is, as they say, history.
:yuck: :rofl: :yuck: :rofl: I see you're starting the campaign early for next year's funniest member award! :rofl: That's just...just...so disturbing. :bugeye: :yuck:

Moonbear said:
That's just...just...so disturbing.

Yeah, at 3 AM, my mind starts to go. By 4 AM, I've usually concocted a plan to market a cancer-causing food product solely on its carcinogenic properties. Come 5 AM, if I'm not already asleep, the neighbors usually have to get out their cardboard mock-up of Frodo Baggins to lure me into a holding pen down the street.

Last night was a Frodo night.

I think that there should be a webcam in that pen. We could sell you to the comedy channel. (Or Ripley's...)

Danger said:
I think that there should be a webcam in that pen. We could sell you to the comedy channel. (Or Ripley's...)

Or the playboy ch...er, yeah, what you said.

Someone should start a reilgon where it belvies that the unvirse was created when god sneezed and got snot all over his face and then the unvirse will be destroyed when, god realizes that it's weird to have people that live on your face,he go get's a tissue and they believe that the executives who manunfacture tissue and toilet paper or evil.:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Danger said:
SpaceTiger said:
Or the playboy ch...er, yeah, what you said.
Well, you guys had better decide soon. I already have 68 subscribers on the waiting list, and they're getting restless...

68, huh? And just how do you explain that they all have the same address? Something about a willow...

Danger said:
68, huh? And just how do you explain that they all have the same address? Something about a willow...
That's merely a technicality... it's for tax purposes. Now how about making yourself useful and hopping in the cage until SpaceTiger returns? Oh, and I promised them skin, if you don't mind. :biggrin:

Last edited:
Have you never looked at my picture? I don't have any skin!

Danger said:
Have you never looked at my picture? I don't have any skin!

I'm not sure Playboy Channel would carry this. :bugeye:

Looks like it's the Discovery Channel for us.

Danger said:
Well, she's waiting for one more. :biggrin:

Ooh, SpaceTiger, your avatar changed! Though, when are you going to grow the beard back? You look like you're 14 without it! (Or maybe I'm just getting old. :uhh: ...Nah, that can't be it.)

Moonbear said:
Ooh, SpaceTiger, your avatar changed! Though, when are you going to grow the beard back? You look like you're 14 without it! (Or maybe I'm just getting old. :uhh: ...Nah, that can't be it.)
NOOOO NO BEARD! :yuck: We already had a thread about how yucky beards are!

ST, you're hot, keep the beard off! :smile:

Moonbear said:
Ooh, SpaceTiger, your avatar changed! Though, when are you going to grow the beard back? You look like you're 14 without it!

No chocolate for you. :tongue:
Evo said:
ST, you're hot, keep the beard off!

Do you like it white, dark, or milky?

...yes, I mean chocolate.

Last edited:
SpaceTiger said:
Do you like it white, dark, or milky?

...yes, I mean chocolate.
Ooooh, DARK! With nuts! :approve:

Evo said:
Ooooh, DARK! With nuts! :approve:

*stuffs Dennis Rodman into Evo's computer*

oops. I may have misunderstood the request.:redface:

Evo said:
NOOOO NO BEARD! :yuck: We already had a thread about how yucky beards are!
I like the type of beard ST had. :approve: Plus, those types of beards are just tickly enough enough to have certain, um, benefits. It would really help when I give him his biology lessons. :!) :biggrin: :devil: :blushing:

:rofl: @ MIH. Don't feel bad; that was my first interpretation too. Well, the first one I'll admit to at least.
Moonbear said:
Congrats, you've now moved to the top of the bawdy list.

Hey, ladies, it looks like the men are outnumbered. On second thought, maybe I should leave before I get myself into trouble. o:)

1. Is it harmful to encourage children to believe in Santa Claus?

No, there is no evidence to suggest that believing in Santa Claus is harmful to children. In fact, it can have positive effects on their imagination and creativity.

2. At what age should children stop believing in Santa Claus?

This can vary for each child, but typically children stop believing in Santa Claus between the ages of 7 and 9. However, it is important to let children come to this realization on their own and not force them to stop believing.

3. How can I explain to my child that Santa Claus is not real?

It is important to be honest with your child and explain that Santa Claus is a symbol of the holiday season and the spirit of giving. You can also emphasize the importance of keeping the magic of Christmas alive and how everyone can be a Santa by spreading joy and kindness.

4. What are some potential negative effects of children believing in Santa Claus?

Some children may feel disappointed or betrayed when they find out Santa Claus is not real. It is important for parents to handle this situation with sensitivity and reassurance. Additionally, some families may feel pressure to spend more money on gifts to make their child's Christmas magical, which can be financially stressful.

5. How can I encourage my child's excitement for Christmas without promoting belief in Santa Claus?

There are many ways to celebrate the holiday season without focusing on Santa Claus. You can emphasize the importance of spending time with loved ones, giving back to the community, and creating family traditions. You can also introduce your child to the origins and history of Christmas traditions, such as the story of Saint Nicholas.