I don't know which forum to post a question in

• Thread starter omicron
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Forum
In summary: This is a gratuitous reply just to appease tribdog's need for attention. :smile:Thanks for the advice!
omicron
Hmmm...

If i don't know which forum to post a question in , where should i post it? :confused: It's definitely about science but I'm not sure which one.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
You have two options. 1) If you really aren't at all sure where to put it, PM one of the mentors and ask them where the best place is for your question, or 2) Take your best guess of what you think it's most related to and if it's in the wrong place, the mentors will move it to the right place for you.

Good advice.
In this case, you can post the question right here, and I will help you figure out where it best belongs :smile:

Really- I'm SO not busy it's sad :redface:

Does this post belong in General Discussion?

tribdog said:
Does this post belong in General Discussion?

I think this one wins, by process of elimination; the post doesn't fit in any other forum and this is general discussion. Pretty much a catch-all.
Where do you think it belongs?

Last edited:
honestrosewater said:
I think this one wins, by process of elimination; the post doesn't fit in any other forum and this is general discussion. Pretty much a catch-all.
Where do you think it belongs?

It could qualify as feedback, but isn't really, so this seems just fine for a very general question. If it had been posted in any of the other fora, it probably would have gotten kicked over here anyway. It's good to see someone checking where to post before just putting their question in any random place. :approve:

Is greg still building the "Random, worthless things tribdog says and can be safely ignored by anyone sane and semi intelligent" forum? I know GD is getting a bit crowded with them.

tribdog said:
Is greg still building the "Random, worthless things tribdog says and can be safely ignored by anyone sane and semi intelligent" forum? I know GD is getting a bit crowded with them.

I think I found just the forum for you:
http://myinsanity.proboards21.com/

Though, it doesn't look very active, you might get starved for attention there. :frown:

Last edited by a moderator:
Moonbear said:
Though, it doesn't look very active, you might get starved for attention there. :frown:
lol you know me too well. I'm an attention whore. RECOGNIZE ME!

tribdog said:
lol you know me too well. I'm an attention whore. RECOGNIZE ME!

This is a gratuitous reply just to appease tribdog's need for attention. :smile:

Thanks for the advice! :smile:

1. What is the purpose of online forums?

Online forums are virtual spaces where individuals can discuss and exchange information on various topics. They allow people with similar interests to connect and engage in conversations, share knowledge, and seek help or advice from others.

2. How do I determine the appropriate forum for my question?

To determine the appropriate forum for your question, you should first think about the topic or subject of your question. Look for forums that cover similar topics and read through the forum rules to ensure your question aligns with the forum's guidelines. You can also use search tools within the forum to find related discussions and see which category they are posted under.

3. What should I consider when choosing a forum to post my question?

When choosing a forum to post your question, you should consider the community and its members. Look for forums with active and helpful members who are knowledgeable in the topic you need help with. Also, consider the forum's rules and guidelines, as well as the level of moderation to ensure your question will be appropriately addressed.

4. Can I post my question in multiple forums?

It is generally not recommended to post the same question in multiple forums. This can create confusion and duplicate efforts among users trying to help you. Instead, carefully choose the most appropriate forum for your question and post it there. If you don't receive a response, you can try reposting in a different forum after some time has passed.

5. What should I do if I cannot find a forum that fits my question?

If you are unable to find a forum that fits your question, you can try using a general discussion forum or a forum that covers a broader range of topics. You can also try searching for online communities or groups on social media platforms that focus on the subject of your question. Additionally, you can reach out to experts or professionals in the field for assistance.