1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I don't know why!

1. Feb 20, 2005 #1
    well i have this problem
    which i am really suffering from!
    in class i understand everything
    and i have a very good ability for analysis
    but when it comes to exams i just make very stupid mistakes
    and therefore i can't get more than 17 or 18 over 20.
    i asked my teachers and some thinkers.
    they told me that it's when everyone sits for an exam,
    he has this feeling of anxiety and blabla..
    they told me to cool down and to take it as if it was an ordinary test..
    i tired so many times..
    but i didn't get to any result.
    there's a big problem no one knows about it.
    if anybody would like to share his or her point of view
    i would appreciate it.

PS: i hope i posted it in the right place:)

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 20, 2005 #2
    I wouldn't really say you have any sort of problem.. it happens to everyone. Basically, you need to just follow standard exam techniques. Go slow! taking your time is probably the most important thing anyone can do in an exam.

if you have time, check over everything. That includes questions you're sure you have the correct solution.

There are always some other things that some people use to help keep calm in exams, vitamin B complex' have some very positive responses in some people, they deal with your nervous system and such though you should always consult a doctor before taking large vitamin suppliments. Aside from that, theres always eating a banana before your exam.. helps some memory issues.

and.. RELAX. exams are just the same questions you've been doing in class for years.

4. Feb 20, 2005 #3
    This sounds exactly like me a few months ago.
    My advice is incredibly Zen-influenced. Don't think of the exam as an exam. Think of it as just another problem set. There is no exam. The exam exists only in your mind. Calm your mind and the exam will disappear. :smile:
    In much the same way as you shouldn't look down while traversing a thin wooden-plank connecting two sections of a skyscraper, you shouldn't think of the situation as a high-pressure exam. As many a Zen master would say, "keep your normal mind; then keep no-mind".
    Hope this helps. It sure helped me. :wink:

5. Feb 21, 2005 #4
    thanks,
    i really appreciate ur advices.
    well, it really goes that way
    each time i try to convince myself that exams are nothing
    and inside of myself i'm being convinced;
    it's totally complicated.

i really liked the idea about the vitamin B and the banana.
    as well as this citation: "the exam exists only in ur mind"
    thanks guys :)

6. Feb 25, 2005 #5
    i got this one named "Neurobion"
    it contains vitamin B1, B6, B12
    it says: "Neurobion coated tablets are prescribed in neuralgia, pain in the spinal region, migraine and circulation disorders."
    as side effects they said:
    "no signs of hypervitaminosis were noted".

i'm not sure about it.
    what do you think?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?