Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I don't mean to be rude, but c'mon.

1. Sep 2, 2008 #1
    I don't know how this "friend" thing works. I keep getting people wanting to be my friend and I'm not sure what the correct etiquette is. Do I just make everyone my friend? Is it rude to tell them no way? What exactly is involved in this friendship? so far I've ignored most of the friend requests, but I did accept one. I know in real life I call very few people my friend and I'm very loyal to my friends. I accepted the online friend because I think this person is someone who I won't have a problem being loyal to. If you accept everyone doesn't that sort of dilute friendship?

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 2, 2008 #2

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

*virtual smooch*

4. Sep 2, 2008 #3

Evo

Staff: Mentor

5. Sep 2, 2008 #4
    haha, you think it's going to be virtual for long? you make me a friend, me? a registered stalker? see you later.

Edit:I really shouldn't write stuff like this. What if, heaven forbid, lisab disappeared? So for the record, i am NOT a REGISTERED stalker. Its only a hobby, and I don't do it everyday.

6. Sep 2, 2008 #5

LowlyPion

Homework Helper

The usual. Water their plants when they are out of town, lend them your power tools.

7. Sep 2, 2008 #6
    I already tried to borrow five buck. No luck.

8. Sep 2, 2008 #7

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

9. Sep 2, 2008 #8

Evo

aww, do you want to be friends trib? You need an avatar, most of my cool friends have avatars.

Anyway, now that I've posted your infamous thread, you will be swamped with friendship requests.

The freindship option will allow people to post on your message board if you block others.

10. Sep 2, 2008 #9
    Don't you think that friendship should mean no matter how many times i send you a private message you BETTER reply. Even if I send 30 or 40 an hour?

11. Sep 2, 2008 #10
    I should accept every friendship request, then see how long it takes before they take me off their list.

12. Sep 2, 2008 #11

:rofl::rofl:

13. Sep 2, 2008 #12
    Aren't you everyone's friend? I like to feel special. Isn't there a BFF check box?

14. Sep 2, 2008 #13

Evo

I sent you a friendship request. Can I borrow $3.000.00 dollars. :!!)

15. Sep 2, 2008 #14
    I rely on following flowchart:

[​IMG]

16. Sep 2, 2008 #15
    A friend isn't someone you just use and then forget. A friend is someone you use every day.

17. Sep 2, 2008 #16

GCT

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

You're connected , people want to be connected , C'MON ! ........ give them what they want! You're famous tribdog and you're admired and praised by all people of the world - every nation and every tribe - just admit it, people want you.

18. Sep 2, 2008 #17
    That is hilarious! But I think you guys are taking this "friend" thing to seriously. Iv got people on my friends list that I dont really remember talking too. A friend on this forum is just a person thats on your friends list. BTW, if anyone wants to be my PF friend, go ahead and make the request and I'll approve it. Just be aware of the repercussions. :smile:

Tribdog, do you want to be my friend?

19. Sep 2, 2008 #18
    I do take it seriously. If you are my friend I'll throw my virtual self under a virtual train for you. If someone virtually attacks you on PF, I'll tear into them with no concern about the number of violations I get.

Finally a voice of reason.

20. Sep 2, 2008 #19
    I was just sitting here thinking what a conceited jerk I would be if I actually did think I was "all that." I just can't take myself that seriously. But then I started thinking some more and I DO think I'm pretty cool.
    Is it possible to think you are all that, without being conceited?

21. Sep 2, 2008 #20

Evo

But you are "that cool" and you're right about the friend thing. You *are* a devoted friend.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?