I don't understand jewelry.

• Thread starter Blahness
  • Start date
In summary, the old man wanted a $5,000 ring for his girlfriend, but the jeweler only had a $40,000 ring available. The old man said he didn't care how the payment was made, and the jeweler called the old man the next morning to say there wasn't any money in the old man's account. The old man said he had a great weekend and that's because he wore a big chain and lots of other "bling".
hahahaha... if only it were true... sigh...

Physics news on Phys.org
well, I polish something everynight

your shoes? guys with shiny shoes are sexy. mmm.

that's why I had my reebok's chromed.

i never really picture adult men wearing sneakers. don't you wear like... nice shoes?

5" stilettos nice enough?

I like extravagant jewlery, like the stuff in the smithsonian. But I don't care for everyday jewlery. I just like the really expensive stuff because its high quality, and good craftsmanship. I think its nice on display for everyone to look at and admire. I think every day jewlery is stupid. I don't wear any jewlery, not even a watch. I think all the american watches are too gaudy. Why does a mans watch have to be a big huge ass hunk of junk with 50 thousand dials knobs, etc etc etc. I just want a nice small watch, with a nice leather black band, and a *thin* stainless steel face with ONE clock on it. No lighting up in the dark, no other bullcrap, but I can NEVER find one!

o_O'

Okay, jewelry is interesting.

And hypnotizing. Sparkeley.

Uh. yea. Still don't get it.

you need to have good taste to appreciate it. its ok. just take your girl with you to the store when you buy her stuff. she won't mind, you just might have to spend a little more.

I bought a boyfriend an $1,800.00 18k Movado Museum watch for Christmas (simple, black leather band, 18k case, plain face) and he goes "I need software". I took it back and bought him software. :grumpy:

1800 worth of software? THAT'S Romantic.

you need to have good taste to appreciate it. its ok. just take your girl with you to the store when you buy her stuff. she won't mind, you just might have to spend a little more.

Thats another thing I don't understand, giving gifts. Its like here you go, I would like to buy your friendship. Here is something nice so you can stay my friend/girlfriend/etc. I think they should ban cards too. There stupid. People just sign them. If you really care you should not have to buy them dick, you can do something nice for them when they hit hard times, or need your help. If you want to say thank you, do it in person or write a nice letter, people just slap their names on cards and send them out. I really think buying jewlery for your wife is absolutely stupid. Like all the commercials, "tell her how much you *really* love here with a new diamond love necklace this valentines day...uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Sorry, I just can't stand it! Its sooooooooooooooo pathetic.

yeah, gifts alone aren't the way to do it. but a girl definately likes to feel pretty sometimes, and jewelry can do that. cards are nice when they're unexpected i think. and they're better than nothing. there's been many times where i would've just appreciated a card, but got nothing...

cyrusabdollahi said:
you can do something nice for them when they hit hard times, or need your help.
I need $700 for a car payment tomorrow. I'll pm you my paypal account #. :smile:

You will change or you will not be married long. Buy some cards and flowers and jewelry and watch your relationship grow. And you are right in that you can make your own cards. When my girlfriend is staying the night I always do something stupid and pointless and romantic. A couple of nights ago I just wrote little notes like "Wow, you are beautiful" and stuck them everywhere I thought she might find one. Inside the fridge, on the mirror, under the pillow etc.
But you have to be willing to show them you will waste some money on them. Let them know they mean more to you than your bank account. They will not think you are being thrifty if you don't want to waste money on a card. If you say it's not worth it she will hear "you are not worth it"

Wearing an expensive ring won't make a woman look any better. It will just give her an excuse to say to all her friends look at what my husband bought me, see how much he loves me. He makes more than your husband... feeling pretty is being romantic to your wife, not spoiling her. I don't understand this whole thing about women having to get expensive gifts on their birthday or they get angry. I guess too many women are spoiled by their fathers in this country.

I need $700 for a car payment tomorrow. I'll pm you my paypal account #.

Hey hey hey, I saw your monthly income little lady! I guess you should not have bought the AMG special edition mercedes and just opted for the regular one!

You will change or you will not be married long. Buy some cards and flowers and jewelry and watch your relationship grow.

No, you will be divorced many times, because you will go broke trying to buy her love. You don't date the right type of women then, you date spoiled brats.

Listen cyrus, you have a bad attitude, rotten personality, and you look horrible. buy the jewelry it's your only chance

Well, let me be clear. I would buy her it, as a surprise once in a while. But she is NOT going to EXPECT it every hoilday that rolls around. I am not a sugar daddy, and you shouldn't be one either. If you do, ur a sucker that gets played by women for your money my friend.

cyrusabdollahi said:
Wearing an expensive ring won't make a woman look any better. It will just give her an excuse to say to all her friends look at what my husband bought me, see how much he loves me. He makes more than your husband... feeling pretty is being romantic to your wife, not spoiling her. I don't understand this whole thing about women having to get expensive gifts on their birthday or they get angry. I guess too many women are spoiled by their fathers in this country.
For years I would ask for presents like "knee socks", "measuring cups", "oven mits". I never got any. :frown:

Instead I would get expensive, ugly jewelry. The prettier the sales girl, the uglier the jewelry. "Hey Britney, I finally got someone to buy those ugly earings!.

Look instead of all that crap Evo, wouldn't it be a better gift to have a nice dinner with your loved ones than some junk that cost a lot of money? I think there are better ways to show your love than buying JUNK JUNK JUNK JUNK JUNK! Showing somone you care about them is a personal thing that no gift can replace. A modest gift is nice, an expensive gift is just pathetic.

Listen cyrus, you have a bad attitude, rotten personality, and you look horrible. buy the jewelry it's your only chance

You have a lot of pent up sexual frustration towards me. Just tell me your real feelings, its so obvious.

Last edited:
cyrusabdollahi said:
Well, let me be clear. I would buy her it, as a surprise once in a while. But she is NOT going to EXPECT it every hoilday that rolls around. I am not a sugar daddy, and you shouldn't be one either. If you do, ur a sucker that gets played by women for your money my friend.
lol, oh yeah EVERY holiday. what are there 3 or 4 a year? I make enough money to spend a couple thousand a year on presents. It really isn't that much money and if it makes the person I love feel special then it is money well spent.

I don't wear jewelry. I even keep my wristwatch in my purse -- it just gets in my way. If someone actually took the time to find out what I might like and made it himself, I think I'd wear him instead. :wink:

Ooh, now that I think about it, I think I would like jewelry made from ice or something similarly ephemeral. Yeah, I like it. :approve: You know, it's the gesture that counts. Temporary blessings.

You can do fun things with ice too. Hm, thanks whoever started this thread. It gave me a nice idea.

Last edited:
i think cyrusabdollahi has some good points, but I'm sure tribdogs gifts would be equally as pleasant... oh i can't decide which is better. how about you both just try to woo me in your separate ways and we'll see who wins.

lol, oh yeah EVERY holiday. what are there 3 or 4 a year? I make enough money to spend a couple thousand a year on presents. It really isn't that much money and if it makes the person I love feel special then it is money well spent.

Do this for me, stop buying all that crap for your girl for ONE holiday, and see how she acts. If she's cool with it, she's a good woman. If she gives you a big fuss and threatens to leave you, she's using you for your money, get rid of her.

Sorry Gale, Trib and I are Gay. Cant you tell by all his sexual frustrations towards me in his texts. (Joking...jokin...jokin.)

cyrusabdollahi said:
Look instead of all that crap Evo, wouldn't it be a better gift to have a nice dinner with your loved ones than some junk that cost a lot of money? I think there are better ways to show your love than buying JUNK JUNK JUNK JUNK JUNK! Showing somone you care about them is a personal thing that no gift can replace. A modest gift is nice, an expensive gift is just pathetic.
I have always asked for cheap, practical gifts, I never got any. :frown:

yeah, its a wicked bummer when you actually ask and don't get it. especially when you're not being unreasonable. I've wanted ballet slippers for the last 3 years... ok ok... so they're not practical, but i'd use them! and they're not expensive. no one takes me seriously though, makes me sad.

Why does it bother you though (gale and evo)? I wish I never got a single gift for the rest of my life. All I want is a phone call to say I was thinking about you so I called. Thats it, I am happy.

for me its like, a card or like a nice thoughtful gift (or ballet slippers) would just be really sweet, and i'd really like it. so, if a guy cares about me, and he knows this... why wouldn't he buy me a gift? its just nice, and why shouldn't my guy be nice? sure, there's loads of other things he could do, but if maybe i just wanted to unwrap something, or be surprised, i'd hope that he'd care enough to endulge me even if it seems silly.

Yeah a modest gift, but not a couple thousand a year on gifts!

cyrusabdollahi said:
Why does it bother you though (gale and evo)? I wish I never got a single gift for the rest of my life. All I want is a phone call to say I was thinking about you so I called. Thats it, I am happy.
I NEEDED kneesocks. I held off buying kneesocks because I thought I was getting some. NOTHING. NO SOCKS!:cry:

Ill get you some socks. :-)

cyrusabdollahi said:
Ill get you some socks. :-)
:cry: <snif> :cry: With puppies and kitties on them? <snif> :!)

How about I send you a puppy and kitty wearing the kneesocks?

a puppy could cost you a few grand... trying to buy evo?