Exploring the Fascinating World of Skin Pathologies

• Medical
  • Thread starter gravenewworld
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Disease
In summary: I'm not sure if it's because I'm germphobic or just plain scared, but I've never been able to overcome it.Is there anything that you wanted to discuss?
gravenewworld
especially nasty skin related conditions. Does that make me weird? I go to dermatlas all the time to look up skin pathologies and find them intriguing. My favorite pics so far come from seborrheic dermatitis.

http://dermatlas.med.jhmi.edu/derm/IndexDisplay.cfm?ImageID=224668234

Click on the pic and you can get a super zoom in view :!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Biology news on Phys.org
gravenewworld said:
especially nasty skin related conditions. Does that make me weird? I go to dermatlas all the time to look up skin pathologies and find them intriguing. My favorite pics so far come from seborrheic dermatitis.

Is there anything that you wanted to discuss?

We can discuss how weird he is.

And what is it that you find particularly interesting about this skin condition on a 4 month old baby?
Do feel you want to help through research or treating PTs?

Being intrigued is not a bad thing. Maybe you can study it and do research in skin diseases?? That way you can find out what's causing it and how to cure it??

I had a similar -but lesser- intrigation about photos/videos of people dead/dying. This lasted maybe for 2 months and now it's gone since about 1 month.
However the picture you linked in your post doesn't really intrigate me. I'd be glad to see a video of a dog having rabies and about human skin related illness, I'd like to see how is leprosy. So I might be a little like you in some way even though I wouldn't pass an hour on this.

Evo said:
Is there anything that you wanted to discuss?

Pengwuino said:
We can discuss how weird he is.

I would agree with Peng :rofl:

I think OP wanted to discuss weird things you like.

Lacy33 said:
And what is it that you find particularly interesting about this skin condition on a 4 month old baby?
Do feel you want to help through research or treating PTs?

Yes, it makes me wonder why the immune system does this and what if anything could be done about it. It's why I'm going to study drug delivery!

gravenewworld said:

I guess for every one like you, there's one like me. I have a weird aversion to strangers who are sick. If I'm in line at the grocery store and it's almost my turn, if the person in back of me starts coughing badly I'll jump out of line and go get into another (longer) line.

What is the purpose of studying diseases?

The purpose of studying diseases is to gain a better understanding of their causes, effects, and treatments in order to improve human health and well-being.

What are the types of diseases that are commonly studied?

The types of diseases that are commonly studied include infectious diseases, chronic diseases, genetic diseases, and rare diseases.

How do scientists study diseases?

Scientists study diseases through various methods, such as conducting experiments in a controlled laboratory setting, analyzing data from clinical trials, and studying the spread of diseases in populations.

What are the potential benefits of studying diseases?

The potential benefits of studying diseases include developing new treatments, improving current treatments, and preventing the spread of diseases through vaccinations and public health measures.

What are the ethical considerations when studying diseases?

Ethical considerations when studying diseases include protecting the rights and well-being of research subjects, ensuring informed consent, and maintaining confidentiality of personal information. Researchers must also consider the potential risks and benefits of their studies and adhere to ethical guidelines set by scientific organizations.

Back