Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I feel old

1. Nov 7, 2013 #1

jtbell

Staff: Mentor

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 7, 2013 #2

D H

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

Ouch. I also was a young adult when Carter was president.

4. Nov 7, 2013 #3

Astronuc

And we're older than the current president.

5. Nov 7, 2013 #4

turbo

Gold Member

I am in my early 60s. Not that old, perhaps, but I feel the aches and pains. I don't gauge my age with presidents - that would be too sad, at times.

6. Nov 9, 2013 #5
    I'm 22 going on 23 and I thought I was old

This thread makes me feel young again thanks

7. Nov 9, 2013 #6
    Oh the priceless gift of wisdom gentlemen. There are some things you can know only by living a long time. And of the twenty-something? We all have regrets, to go back and fix them. Well, he's back. Now fix them!

8. Nov 9, 2013 #7

jim mcnamara

I am old - but I don't feel it. I started grad school late, 30, at the end of LBJ's tenure. And I've been a day late and a dollar short ever since.

9. Nov 9, 2013 #8

collinsmark

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

I have a troubled hip. One of these days I hope to get a bionic leg. As in a cybernetic leg circa Robocop: having a gun or something right there in my leg. I suppose I don't really need a gun in my leg though. Maybe a leg-telescope would suffice. Or a leg-USB port [OK, that's easy]. Or maybe a leg of logic. Computer-leg?

Technology is improving.

Oh, the waiting game.

In the mean time, I'm hobbling around on all threes. I think that's some sort of solution to the Riddle of the Sphinx. I get it now.

10. Nov 9, 2013 #9
    A young couple has a one and two-year old. Moms stays home to take care of them while dad goes out to work. He gets in and mom greets him at the door and they both give each other the same precious, priceless gift. What is it? That gentlemen is what getting old is all about. :)

Astronuc, you know don't you? And where is Integral? I do believe he has some work to do. :)

Last edited: Nov 9, 2013
  11. Nov 9, 2013 #10

Pythagorean

Gold Member

I'm in my 30's. I expect my 40's be the best years. So far, my late teens and 20's were the best. 30's is full of multiple stressors and tedium.

12. Nov 9, 2013 #11

Nugatory

Get in the habit of counting your age in hexadecimal and you'll feel a lot younger for a lot longer... You're still in your teens.

13. Nov 9, 2013 #12
    Buddhism

Perhaps computer games is a kind of "well of youth" in the sense missions may be accomplished regardless players own physical abilities. Perhaps also the agility of virtual heroes (for instance "Prince of Persia" in that game) is to some extent transmitted to the player - because brain is linked to body and may stimulate corresponding nerves and muscles?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2013
  14. Nov 9, 2013 #13

UltrafastPED

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

In that case I'm back to 40! Wait 'til I tell my wife ...

15. Nov 9, 2013 #14
  16. Nov 9, 2013 #15

turbo

Gold Member

And he still spends time building houses for the poor.

17. Nov 9, 2013 #16

Ben Niehoff

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

In hexadecimal I'm F-teen. Sweet.

18. Nov 9, 2013 #17

UltrafastPED

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Spiro Agnew was still the Veep when I was first in graduate school! I'd been out of the military for a couple of years by then ...

19. Nov 9, 2013 #18

dlgoff

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

At least he's still kickin', as opposed to his younger brother.

20. Nov 9, 2013 #19

OmCheeto

Gold Member
    2016 Award

I wasn't old enough to vote for Jimmy Carter the first time. But then, as in later, he was the president, and I was a nuke, on a submarine(not sure how many of you have tried to vote whilst under an undisclosed number of feet of water, but I can assure you, that it was a PITB), and he was a wannaa-b-nuke, and then I voted him for him for real, and he lost, to an actor... hmmm*......

Today has been a good day. :smile:

-----------------------
    *much happened between then, and now.

21. Nov 11, 2013 #20
    lmao yeah

I'm literally going to spend 5-15 minutes everyday staring at the wall so I can slow down time. Then I'll be young foreverrrrr

:D

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook