I finally got it. I finally know what women is thinking!

• Thread starter kant
  • Start date
Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Finding a partner is like shopping on Boxing Day. You need to get stuff early and fast or you'll be left searching through the crap nobody else wants.

Or, it could be like finding a valuable antique at a garage sale, ready to be tossed away by someone who doesn't appreciate its value. I just keep telling people I've skipped the first divorce so many people in my generation have gone through, and will eventually find a nice divorced guy whose first wife simply didn't appreciate his dedication to work (workaholics aren't for everyone, and spending too much time at the office rather than at home can be a big factor in breaking up marriages).

JasonRox
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Or, it could be like finding a valuable antique at a garage sale, ready to be tossed away by someone who doesn't appreciate its value. I just keep telling people I've skipped the first divorce so many people in my generation have gone through, and will eventually find a nice divorced guy whose first wife simply didn't appreciate his dedication to work (workaholics aren't for everyone, and spending too much time at the office rather than at home can be a big factor in breaking up marriages).

True, and that's unfortunate.

I know this might sound obvious to some people, but the partner you want is obviously someone you appreciate, but as well as you want to spend genuine time together. What I mean by genuine it isn't something you just do.

For example, couples might say "I love you" consistently at certain times, but then after awhile it just becomes routine. It just seems less genuine after awhile. I like it more when my girlfriend tells me she loves me spontaneously rather than like before bed or something. It feels more real. I do same as well.

Like, I went out last night. Girlfriend wasn't there, but I wanted her to be there. It just seems like some people don't feel that way about there partner. Or whenever something happens, she's the first person I want to tell.

Things like that.

Anyways, I'm having fun in my relationship. She's definitely worth a lot to me. :biggrin: