I Found Jesus" in Dallas Marble Company - CBS 11 News

• Thread starter Moridin
  • Start date
In summary, this Texas minister believes that because an ultrasound image of Jesus resembles a piece of cheese, that means that people should be praying to him.
Moridin
http://cbs11tv.com/religion/Jesus.in.granite.2.758015.html

DALLAS (CBS 11 News) ― Workers at a marble company in Dallas say they have a slab of natural granite that has the image of Jesus in it.

Verona Marble Company Inc. takes pictures of every slab of stone in their inventory and posts them on their website. Wednesday, the owners say a customer in West Texas spotted the image among dozens of pictures and called to tell them about it.

Those who look at the 6x10 foot slab say they can see the head and arms of Jesus, along with either a belt, sword or glowing book. The company has pulled the slab from its inventory and put it on display.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I don't really understand what merits posting this. Especially because you don't seem to care enough about it to say anything.

I could have gone on about confirmation bias and the likelihood of finding any patterns at all in rocks in you look hard enough, but I thought that was stating the obvious. I'm sorry.

I disagree. That is quite obviously an image of Krishna.

My personal history involves a fair amount of hallucinogens and even I don't see anything...

But I'm sure many supporters of the http://www.fugly.com/media/IMAGES/Crazy/ymca_jesus.jpg will agree with the Dallas folk. :biggrin:

Last edited:
I don't see anything on that slab that resembles anything.

Interesting how people can look at things and try to correlate patterns with other things they saw.

Like the "Martian face," looked like it had eyes and a nose so it must have been built by aliens.

Oh dear god, its the flying spaghetti monster. On your knees and PRAY!'

Seriouly though, it does look like jebus...giving the MIDDLE FINGER!?

Hey, how did they get my photo?! :grumpy: Okay, I see the silhouette of someone holding a whip, but there's no features (and how do they know what Jesus looked like anyway...I have never seen a painting, sketch or photo from the time to document anything of that sort). :wink:

Hurkyl said:
I don't really understand what merits posting this. Especially because you don't seem to care enough about it to say anything.

It allows for even more covert religion bashing by pointing to the religious equivalent of crackpots, and the "unwashed masses".

Religion bashing is allowed as long as we are clever about it.

Evo said:
I don't see anything on that slab that resembles anything.

I see something on that slab and it looks a lot like a marble company selling a chunk of rock at a really sweet price.

Thats not jesus or anyone else. Its me carrying a plate of toast.

I see a large Hispanic pilgrimage coming soon. It would make a good place for a Customs check point.

Kurdt said:
Thats not jesus or anyone else. Its me carrying a plate of toast.
I thought it looks me like after I've had too much to drink.

I guess some people will see what they want to see.

Here's another similar incident: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,353230,00.html

When an Ohio woman looked at an ultrasound she expected to see a developing fetus.

Instead, she saw what she believes to be an image of Jesus Christ...

"People say maybe my baby is going to be blessed and maybe it is a good sign," said mother-to-be Sledge. "I don't know, I've done wrong in my life, maybe he's forgiven me early."

I'd like to point out that Sledge and the "people" that have talked to her about this are probably the religious equivalents of crackpots and should not be expected to represent the views of mainstream religious folks. Most Christians, I imagine, do not believe in omens or signs.

False alarm.

Here's the real truth:

TX Minister Claims http://cbs11tv.com/slideshows/watercooler.great.video.20.492140.html?rid=26" Looks Like Jesus Praying

So what does it look like when I pray?
The Jesus-Cheeto prayer paradox...
It hurts my head just thinking about it.

Yes, and I'm sure this company did it for the free publicity. There have been potato chips, cheese sandwiches, a lump of melted chocolate, this list goes on.

Before anyone gets offended, I'm locking the thread.

1. Who is Jesus and why is he important?

Jesus is a central figure in the Christian religion, believed to be the Son of God and the savior of humanity. He is important because his teachings and sacrifice are believed to offer salvation and eternal life to believers.

2. How was Jesus "found" in a marble company?

The phrase "I Found Jesus" in this context likely refers to someone having a personal encounter with Jesus or finding him in their heart or mind while at the marble company. It is not a literal finding of a physical person.

3. What is the significance of the Dallas Marble Company in this story?

The Dallas Marble Company is likely mentioned in the story because it is where the person had their encounter with Jesus. It is used as a location to help explain the story, but does not hold any particular significance in regards to the religious aspect of the story.

4. Is this a true story or a metaphor?

This cannot be answered definitively as it depends on the perspective of the person sharing the story. For some, it may be a true recounting of a personal experience, while for others it may be a metaphor for a spiritual awakening or realization.

5. How does this story relate to the Dallas Marble Company?

The story does not necessarily have a direct relation to the Dallas Marble Company. It is simply the location where the person had their experience with Jesus. The company itself may not have any connection to the story other than providing a setting for the encounter.

Back