Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I got a B!

1. Jun 18, 2009 #1
    So this story involves me and my bachelors degree in astrophysics at Berkeley. I started studying there in 2004 (when I graduated from high school), and was supposed to graduate in 2008, but I took some time off to do research and I had quite a few problems and bumpy roads along the way in terms of stress and performance and all that.

Basically I had an incomplete in this cosmology class at Berkeley. I needed to make it up in order to graduate.

The professor at Berkeley literally told me "It's a waste of your time and everyone else's time if you took it here, so take it in UCSD".

I applied for it and it was a graduate level course. Aka for masters and PhD students. I needed this class for my bachelors.

I worked so hard on it, was so stressed that I didn't sleep until 4 am for the last couple of weeks.

I just on my usual routine was checking the site and I GOT A B IN THE CLASS!

HOLY CRAP!!!!

I'm so freaking happy right now. I no longer need to look back and regret any decisions I made or go "I coulda tried harder". IM FREAKING DONE.

BAHAHAHAHA.

Sorry, just so happy, I wanted to spread my message of elation and relief.

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 18, 2009 #2
    awesome man, i figured this was going to be a "woe is me, i got a B" thread, but i'm glad it's a positive thread.

just shows what hard work can accomplish.
    congrats and enjoy your achievement.

4. Jun 18, 2009 #3

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Good job hanging in there with the big dogs! You should be very,very proud for doing so well in graduate level work.

5. Jun 18, 2009 #4

turbo

Gold Member

Very commendable, protonchain. You stuck it out, and I hope now you can segue smoothly into a career with your new diploma. Got any prospects?

6. Jun 18, 2009 #5

Borek

Staff: Mentor

Now you know it is your level :wink:

7. Jun 18, 2009 #6
    Now all you have to do is stick it out for another 4-5 years to get your PhD.

8. Jun 18, 2009 #7
    Congratulations! Good job.

9. Jun 18, 2009 #8
    Congarats

10. Jun 21, 2009 #9
    I know this is a bump, but I've been spending the last 3 days with my friend and had no time at all to check the email or the net. So now I'm catching up.

Just wanted to say thanks everyone for the comments! You guys rock.

Yep, I'm going to be applying to grad school later this year and go for a Ph.D. Afterwards I'm hoping to go into research, and maybe if I get the chance, be a part of a project involving NASA. Who knows? I'm still a kid with aspirations.

11. Jun 21, 2009 #10
    NASA is waiting for you

12. Jun 21, 2009 #11

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You mean 7-8 years?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook